WEST VALLEY CITY — The city will swear in its new mayor and three city councilmen next week.
Mayor-elect Ron Bigelow and Councilmen-elect Lars Nordfelt, Steve Buhler and Steve Vincent will be sworn in Monday, Jan. 6, at noon at West Valley City Hall in the City Council Chambers, 3600 S. Constitution Blvd. (2700 West).
Bigelow and Nordfelt will begin their first terms, and Buhler and Vincent will be sworn in to serve their second and fourth terms, respectively.
Members of the public are invited to attend. The ceremony will include remarks by the elected officials and patriotic song performances by community artists. Light refreshments will be served.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 16
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 15
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7