MSNBC has stooped to a new low by mocking the Mitt Romney family for including their adopted African-American child in a family photo of the grandchildren. The “joke” is that the infant is the only black child in the photo and this singularity is emblematic of Republicans generally.
So what would MSNBC have said had the Romneys excluded the black child from the photo? Such “jokes” are deeply offensive to our family, which counts four such children. Why is the child’s race even a matter of note? This disturbing episode reveals the rotten stench of “political correctness,” which MSNBC pretends to decry.
A family which reaches out to an unwanted child of any description should be praised, not ridiculed. Children of every color need parents. The callousness of MSNBC in ridiculing the Romneys is astonishing in that Barack Obama, oft touted as the first “post-racial” president, was raised by a white family.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: What's behind water funding travesty
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third... 22