MSNBC has stooped to a new low by mocking the Mitt Romney family for including their adopted African-American child in a family photo of the grandchildren. The “joke” is that the infant is the only black child in the photo and this singularity is emblematic of Republicans generally.
So what would MSNBC have said had the Romneys excluded the black child from the photo? Such “jokes” are deeply offensive to our family, which counts four such children. Why is the child’s race even a matter of note? This disturbing episode reveals the rotten stench of “political correctness,” which MSNBC pretends to decry.
A family which reaches out to an unwanted child of any description should be praised, not ridiculed. Children of every color need parents. The callousness of MSNBC in ridiculing the Romneys is astonishing in that Barack Obama, oft touted as the first “post-racial” president, was raised by a white family.
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 37
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27