It's sad to hear that the our state government is considering spending millions on outside counsel to defend our definition of marriage.
If Gov. Gary Herbert has so little confidence in Sean Reyes' ability as an attorney, why did he appoint him? If Reyes doubts his own competence, why did he accept the job? The appointment of Reyes (and he might be a wonderful man) was just another example of Utah politics at its worst.
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 39
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 37
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31