It's sad to hear that the our state government is considering spending millions on outside counsel to defend our definition of marriage.
If Gov. Gary Herbert has so little confidence in Sean Reyes' ability as an attorney, why did he appoint him? If Reyes doubts his own competence, why did he accept the job? The appointment of Reyes (and he might be a wonderful man) was just another example of Utah politics at its worst.
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28
- Letter: Teachers' perspective 28