AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. — Marek Olesinski and Max Yon scored 21 points apiece as Air Force rallied to defeat Utah State 73-72 in the Mountain West Conference opener Wednesday night.
The Falcons (7-5) survived a turnover with 11 seconds left and Jalen Moore's 3-pointer at the buzzer to defeat the Aggies (10-3), who were making their MWC debut after leaving the Western Athletic Conference.
Air Force used a 9-0 run to produce a 39-34 lead at the half but the Aggies opened the second half with a 15-4 surge to go up 49-43.
Tre' Coggins added 14 points and Kamryn Williams had 11 rebounds for Air Force, which shot 56 percent in the first half, including 6 of 12 from 3-point range, and 51 percent for the game.
Preston Medlin had 19 for the Falcons with Spencer Butterfield adding 16 and Kyle Davis 11 with 11 rebounds.
For the game, Utah State shot 48.2 percent from the field and 37 percent from beyond the arc. Air Force shot the ball a little bit better with 51.1 percent from the field and 37.5 percent from beyond the arc.
USU will resume conference play as it hosts San Jose State (6-6) at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum on Saturday.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 123
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 52
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33