AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. — Marek Olesinski and Max Yon scored 21 points apiece as Air Force rallied to defeat Utah State 73-72 in the Mountain West Conference opener Wednesday night.
The Falcons (7-5) survived a turnover with 11 seconds left and Jalen Moore's 3-pointer at the buzzer to defeat the Aggies (10-3), who were making their MWC debut after leaving the Western Athletic Conference.
Air Force used a 9-0 run to produce a 39-34 lead at the half but the Aggies opened the second half with a 15-4 surge to go up 49-43.
Tre' Coggins added 14 points and Kamryn Williams had 11 rebounds for Air Force, which shot 56 percent in the first half, including 6 of 12 from 3-point range, and 51 percent for the game.
Preston Medlin had 19 for the Falcons with Spencer Butterfield adding 16 and Kyle Davis 11 with 11 rebounds.
For the game, Utah State shot 48.2 percent from the field and 37 percent from beyond the arc. Air Force shot the ball a little bit better with 51.1 percent from the field and 37.5 percent from beyond the arc.
USU will resume conference play as it hosts San Jose State (6-6) at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum on Saturday.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49