Not to diminish the plight of Native Americans, but Sunday's My View by Stuart Reid could have been titled "Government program fails to deliver. Again."
Intergenerational trauma could well describe the progressive efforts of the last hundred years, which ultimately fail to improve our society. Sprinkle in several "shoulds" and "musts," and surely this time a committee or a commission can help us feel better about our benevolent efforts.
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 78
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 46
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 41
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36