A look at Deseret News' interactive long-form storytelling in 2013
In 2013, as online journalism continues to evolve in its presentation and content, Deseret News tried its hand at presenting compelling long-form journalism in a new multimedia format.
Here are four such stories published on DeseretNews.com.
The heart-wrenching story of a family savoring every moment with three-year-old Brylee Olson as she struggles in a daily battle against cancer.
Part one of Deseret News writer Lois Collin’s three-part series about living with loneliness in America, “Seniors in Search of a Song,” is an up-close and personal look at the effects of loneliness on America’s senior citizens, and what can be done about it.
As the name suggests, part two of the Living Lonely series covers the challenges immigrants face when coming to America from having to learn a new language to adapting to a completely different culture.
Part three discuses how serious illness and disability leave kids and by extension their families feeling lonely.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- Living with Children: Late nights, not school...
- 32 teens escape from Nashville detention center
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- No gray area: Beliefs shape firm, disparate...
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants to hit US
- AP Analysis: Putin digs in for long Ukraine...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 47
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants... 22
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 17
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 12
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12