A look at Deseret News' interactive long-form storytelling in 2013
In 2013, as online journalism continues to evolve in its presentation and content, Deseret News tried its hand at presenting compelling long-form journalism in a new multimedia format.
Here are four such stories published on DeseretNews.com.
The heart-wrenching story of a family savoring every moment with three-year-old Brylee Olson as she struggles in a daily battle against cancer.
Part one of Deseret News writer Lois Collin’s three-part series about living with loneliness in America, “Seniors in Search of a Song,” is an up-close and personal look at the effects of loneliness on America’s senior citizens, and what can be done about it.
As the name suggests, part two of the Living Lonely series covers the challenges immigrants face when coming to America from having to learn a new language to adapting to a completely different culture.
Part three discuses how serious illness and disability leave kids and by extension their families feeling lonely.
- Here's a quiz to test your Star Wars...
- LA man builds small home for homeless lady
- Have you seen 'Age of Ultron'? Here are 50...
- 'Avengers' sequel is second biggest US opener...
- Floyd Mayweather wins decision over Manny...
- Vonn says relationship with Woods is over
- Alice, Charlotte, Diana? Guessing game for...
- Mayweather takes his $100 million check and runs
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders: 'I am... 41
- Rage to relief in Baltimore as 6... 40
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem 29
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 24
- AP-GfK Poll: Nuanced views on gay... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Many 8th graders score poorly on US... 12
- Right call? Orioles take the field in... 11