A look at Deseret News' interactive long-form storytelling in 2013
In 2013, as online journalism continues to evolve in its presentation and content, Deseret News tried its hand at presenting compelling long-form journalism in a new multimedia format.
Here are four such stories published on DeseretNews.com.
The heart-wrenching story of a family savoring every moment with three-year-old Brylee Olson as she struggles in a daily battle against cancer.
Part one of Deseret News writer Lois Collin’s three-part series about living with loneliness in America, “Seniors in Search of a Song,” is an up-close and personal look at the effects of loneliness on America’s senior citizens, and what can be done about it.
As the name suggests, part two of the Living Lonely series covers the challenges immigrants face when coming to America from having to learn a new language to adapting to a completely different culture.
Part three discuses how serious illness and disability leave kids and by extension their families feeling lonely.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban...
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- Israeli airstrike kills 3 senior Hamas leaders
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 108
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14
- Another American hostage at risk by... 12