A look at Deseret News' interactive long-form storytelling in 2013
In 2013, as online journalism continues to evolve in its presentation and content, Deseret News tried its hand at presenting compelling long-form journalism in a new multimedia format.
Here are four such stories published on DeseretNews.com.
The heart-wrenching story of a family savoring every moment with three-year-old Brylee Olson as she struggles in a daily battle against cancer.
Part one of Deseret News writer Lois Collin’s three-part series about living with loneliness in America, “Seniors in Search of a Song,” is an up-close and personal look at the effects of loneliness on America’s senior citizens, and what can be done about it.
As the name suggests, part two of the Living Lonely series covers the challenges immigrants face when coming to America from having to learn a new language to adapting to a completely different culture.
Part three discuses how serious illness and disability leave kids and by extension their families feeling lonely.
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- Italian village honoring pilots of WWII US...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 8
- How much America wants to be taxed 7
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5