A look at Deseret News' interactive long-form storytelling in 2013
In 2013, as online journalism continues to evolve in its presentation and content, Deseret News tried its hand at presenting compelling long-form journalism in a new multimedia format.
Here are four such stories published on DeseretNews.com.
The heart-wrenching story of a family savoring every moment with three-year-old Brylee Olson as she struggles in a daily battle against cancer.
Part one of Deseret News writer Lois Collin’s three-part series about living with loneliness in America, “Seniors in Search of a Song,” is an up-close and personal look at the effects of loneliness on America’s senior citizens, and what can be done about it.
As the name suggests, part two of the Living Lonely series covers the challenges immigrants face when coming to America from having to learn a new language to adapting to a completely different culture.
Part three discuses how serious illness and disability leave kids and by extension their families feeling lonely.
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against Obama
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 47
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 26
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 16
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12