Parents re-create famous movie scenes out of cardboard with baby boy
Cardboard Box Office
Lilly and Leon Mackie and their baby boy, Orson, have quickly become an Internet sensation for simply spending time with one another and being creative.
For the past few months, the family has enjoyed using items from around their home to recreate scenes from popular movies such as "Star Wars" and "Home Alone." Except in their versions, they are the stars of the show.
Lilly and Leon decided to share their funny photos on their blog, Cardboard Box Office.
"The project began after finding that we had accumulated both a lot of cardboard boxes (due to moving to a new country) and a baby (due to giving birth)," Lilly and Leon, who recently moved from New Zealand to Australia, state on their website. "With our social lives drastically altered we decided to find a way to make some of those housebound weekends a little more fun."
Although the props are all made from everyday household items, their photos and blog have impressed many.
"I guess the biggest thing we've learned is how much we can create in our house from the same simple things," Lilly told the Deseret News. "We are looking forward to when Orson can really appreciate having these sets in the house, as well as having him help build them and give us ideas."
Even though it takes some work to put the sets together, Lilly explained that they do it because it's something they enjoy doing as a family.
"This is what we do on a Saturday night with Orson," Lilly said. "Some people watch TV or play games — this is our thing. He really engages with the sets we create and seems to find them quite fascinating. So long as he's getting something out of it, and we're making people laugh, it's something we're happy to continue to do."
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Kids today are less likely to become pregnant...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 46
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Understanding and responding to the... 9
- Are Advanced Placement courses worth it? 9
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but... 8