High school basketball: Rich Rebels use strong second half to post a 71-53 win over visiting Westside
It is common for extended families to travel and spend time together during the holidays and Saturday night's game accomplished this goal. Westside, Idaho head coach Tyler Brown brought his team to Randolph to face his brother Ashley, the head coach of the Rich High Rebels.
After a close first half, Rich pulled away to win 71-53.
The visitors jumped out to an early lead on the back of sophomore Josh King for an early 10-5 lead. King scored 12 of his team's 16 first-quarter points. Rebel center Skyler Argyle had six of his team's 10 points after one quarter.
The teams battled back and forth during the second quarter for a 29-29 tie at halftime. The second half belonged to the home team, though.
Senior Rich guard Caden Barthlome hit three 3-pointers to fuel a 22-15 edge in the third quarter for the Rebels. The Rich defense was able to hold King to only five points in the second half, though he finished as the game’s high scorer with 23 points.
Tristen Cox chipped in eight points and Peyton Brown six points for Westside.
The Rebels used a balanced scoring attack with Wyatt Muirbrook, McKay Jarman and Barthlome all finishing with 14 points. Argyle finished with 15 points to go along with five assists. The two teams are set for a rematch on Jan. 11 in Idaho.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 85
- Amy Donaldson: Recent hearings on rules... 9
- High school football: 2016 schedules... 5
- Layton junior high wrestler loses... 3
- Ranking the 38 Utah ties selected in... 3
- Morning links: 4 Utahns on ESPN 300... 2
- Skyridge High School 2016 football... 0
- Ridgeline High School 2016 football... 0