PROVO — A man with Utah ties has died at a San Diego hospital from a gunshot wound sustained in a double shooting on Christmas Eve, and the search for his brother continues, police confirmed.
Former Utah County resident Salvatore Belvedere, 22, died after being shot in the parking lot of the Mission Valley Center Mall on Christmas Eve, a San Diego police spokesman confirmed.
Ilona Gregorievna Flint, 22, who also lived in Utah County, was also shot and died at the scene.
Gianni Belvedere, who was Flint's boyfriend and Salvatore Belvedere's brother, was reportedly with the other two Monday night but has not been seen since, police said Monday.
According to friends, Flint and the Belvedere brothers all have ties to Utah County.
Police say Flint called 911 before she died. She told dispatchers she didn't know exactly where she was, according to police.
Belvedere and Flint were found in a car with Utah license plates outside a Macy's store that was staying open until 2 a.m. for Christmas shoppers. Both were shot in the head.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9