PROVO — A man with Utah ties has died at a San Diego hospital from a gunshot wound sustained in a double shooting on Christmas Eve, and the search for his brother continues, police confirmed.
Former Utah County resident Salvatore Belvedere, 22, died after being shot in the parking lot of the Mission Valley Center Mall on Christmas Eve, a San Diego police spokesman confirmed.
Ilona Gregorievna Flint, 22, who also lived in Utah County, was also shot and died at the scene.
Gianni Belvedere, who was Flint's boyfriend and Salvatore Belvedere's brother, was reportedly with the other two Monday night but has not been seen since, police said Monday.
According to friends, Flint and the Belvedere brothers all have ties to Utah County.
Police say Flint called 911 before she died. She told dispatchers she didn't know exactly where she was, according to police.
Belvedere and Flint were found in a car with Utah license plates outside a Macy's store that was staying open until 2 a.m. for Christmas shoppers. Both were shot in the head.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9