PROVO — A man with Utah ties has died at a San Diego hospital from a gunshot wound sustained in a double shooting on Christmas Eve, and the search for his brother continues, police confirmed.
Former Utah County resident Salvatore Belvedere, 22, died after being shot in the parking lot of the Mission Valley Center Mall on Christmas Eve, a San Diego police spokesman confirmed.
Ilona Gregorievna Flint, 22, who also lived in Utah County, was also shot and died at the scene.
Gianni Belvedere, who was Flint's boyfriend and Salvatore Belvedere's brother, was reportedly with the other two Monday night but has not been seen since, police said Monday.
According to friends, Flint and the Belvedere brothers all have ties to Utah County.
Police say Flint called 911 before she died. She told dispatchers she didn't know exactly where she was, according to police.
Belvedere and Flint were found in a car with Utah license plates outside a Macy's store that was staying open until 2 a.m. for Christmas shoppers. Both were shot in the head.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 116
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 24
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12