PROVO — A man with Utah ties has died at a San Diego hospital from a gunshot wound sustained in a double shooting on Christmas Eve, and the search for his brother continues, police confirmed.
Former Utah County resident Salvatore Belvedere, 22, died after being shot in the parking lot of the Mission Valley Center Mall on Christmas Eve, a San Diego police spokesman confirmed.
Ilona Gregorievna Flint, 22, who also lived in Utah County, was also shot and died at the scene.
Gianni Belvedere, who was Flint's boyfriend and Salvatore Belvedere's brother, was reportedly with the other two Monday night but has not been seen since, police said Monday.
According to friends, Flint and the Belvedere brothers all have ties to Utah County.
Police say Flint called 911 before she died. She told dispatchers she didn't know exactly where she was, according to police.
Belvedere and Flint were found in a car with Utah license plates outside a Macy's store that was staying open until 2 a.m. for Christmas shoppers. Both were shot in the head.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18