'History of Joseph Fielding Smith' highlights little known facts of 10th president
Editor's note: The following is part of a series featuring select materials intended to supplement the study of church curriculum for 2014.
The "Dramatized History of Joseph Fielding Smith" is a delightful commentary on the life and teachings of the 10th president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The recording begins with the state of the world during President Smith's lifetime. This foundation helps listeners better understand what President Smith was going through when he became president of the LDS Church, and it gives insights into his rich ancestral line. President Smith's father was Joseph F. Smith, the sixth president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the prophet Joseph Smith was his great-uncle.
What really stands out in this recording are the intricacies of information presented about President Smith. The recording is full of rich accounts from his childhood as well as tidbits from his adult life that are not usually discussed in a classroom setting. Quotes about President Smith from general authorities of his time are also included, as well as quotes from his family members.
The piece enhances any study of the life of President Joseph Fielding Smith and is done very well with music and sound effects. The information presented is concise and easy to understand. It would also be suitable in a classroom setting to help attendees receive more information, presented in a fun way, about President Smith.
The recording was produced by Brian and Petrea Gillespie Kelly, who live in Highland.
- Ebola outbreak prompts evacuation of LDS...
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Defending the Faith: But what of those who...
- 10 reasons religious education belongs in school
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Defending the Faith: But what of those... 35
- IRS agrees to investigate churches that... 34
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 30
- 10 reasons religious education belongs... 22
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 21
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 20
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS... 17
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 9