BYU football: Quarterback Taysom Hill engaged to Emily Nixon
BYU quarterback Taysom Hill might have just crushed the hopes and dreams of many girls, all but one.
Late Saturday night, only one night following BYU's 31-16 loss to Washington in the Fight Hunger Bowl, Hill got down on one knee to propose to his girlfriend Emily Nixon in her hometown of College Station, Texas.
Nixon posted this from her Twitter and Instagram accounts shortly after the proposal:
Hill also publicly announced the couple's big news on Twitter.
Nixon's brother David, a former BYU linebacker, also sent a congratulatory tweet to the couple.
At the start of the 2013 season Hill said he was still waiting on finding a girlfriend, let alone “the one.”
“I'm still waiting for the girlfriend part to come to pass,” Hill said on Ferrall on the Bench following BYU's win over Texas in September. A lot changed in one season. Now Hill and his fiance have the offseason to plan their wedding and prepare for the quarterback's junior season.
In Hill's first year as starting quarterback, he completed 53.9 percent of his passes and threw for 19 touchdowns. The versatile quarterback also rushed for 1,344 yards and 10 more touchdowns in 2013.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25