BYU football: Quarterback Taysom Hill engaged to Emily Nixon
BYU quarterback Taysom Hill might have just crushed the hopes and dreams of many girls, all but one.
Late Saturday night, only one night following BYU's 31-16 loss to Washington in the Fight Hunger Bowl, Hill got down on one knee to propose to his girlfriend Emily Nixon in her hometown of College Station, Texas.
Nixon posted this from her Twitter and Instagram accounts shortly after the proposal:
Hill also publicly announced the couple's big news on Twitter.
Nixon's brother David, a former BYU linebacker, also sent a congratulatory tweet to the couple.
At the start of the 2013 season Hill said he was still waiting on finding a girlfriend, let alone “the one.”
“I'm still waiting for the girlfriend part to come to pass,” Hill said on Ferrall on the Bench following BYU's win over Texas in September. A lot changed in one season. Now Hill and his fiance have the offseason to plan their wedding and prepare for the quarterback's junior season.
In Hill's first year as starting quarterback, he completed 53.9 percent of his passes and threw for 19 touchdowns. The versatile quarterback also rushed for 1,344 yards and 10 more touchdowns in 2013.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- Steve Nash fans among Utah Jazz saddened by...
- Former BYU Cougar and returned missionary...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Who's in? Breaking down the high school...
- Live streams: 5A and 4A girls soccer state...
- Suspended Utah football player sentenced for...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 105
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 58
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 52
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 33
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21