BYU quarterback Taysom Hill might have just crushed the hopes and dreams of many girls, all but one.
Late Saturday night, only one night following BYU's 31-16 loss to Washington in the Fight Hunger Bowl, Hill got down on one knee to propose to his girlfriend Emily Nixon in her hometown of College Station, Texas.
Nixon posted this from her Twitter and Instagram accounts shortly after the proposal:
Hill also publicly announced the couple's big news on Twitter.
Nixon's brother David, a former BYU linebacker, also sent a congratulatory tweet to the couple.
At the start of the 2013 season Hill said he was still waiting on finding a girlfriend, let alone “the one.”
“I'm still waiting for the girlfriend part to come to pass,” Hill said on Ferrall on the Bench following BYU's win over Texas in September. A lot changed in one season. Now Hill and his fiance have the offseason to plan their wedding and prepare for the quarterback's junior season.
In Hill's first year as starting quarterback, he completed 53.9 percent of his passes and threw for 19 touchdowns. The versatile quarterback also rushed for 1,344 yards and 10 more touchdowns in 2013.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- David Stockton, son of John, saves the day...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 69
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26