High school basketball: Emery rolls in win over rival Carbon, 66-37
Emery cruised to a road win on Wednesday, defeating the rival Carbon Dinos 66-37. Emery was able to get some revenge on the Dinos after dropping both games against Carbon last year. It’s the fifth straight win for the Spartans as they improve their record to 7-2 in non-region play.
Bay Faimalo put up 14 points, 12 assists and five steals in the win, and Dillon Wilstead was the game’s leading scorer with 17 points to go along with five steals.
“We played fast and made shots and they couldn’t stop our fast break. It was a fun, physical game and even though the score wasn’t close, it was a fun game and fun atmosphere,” Faimalo said.
Emery came out the gate strong and took a 15-5 early lead. The Spartans were able to get out on the break and get easy buckets or kick-outs for wide-open threes. Mcklane Allred nailed three triples in the game.
It was much of the same throughout the game as the Spartans ran over Carbon. Emery did struggle shooting free throws, shooting 31 percent from the line, an area the Spartans definitely need to improve at as they face tougher teams.
“It’s always fun to play a rivalry game where the crowd becomes more involved,” said Gavin McDermott who pulled down 10 rebounds with six points. “It makes victory a little sweeter.” Emery’s next game will be at Delta on Jan. 3, when it will try to take down the Rabbits.
- Players with local ties set to make big...
- High school cross-country: American Fork and...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- American Fork girls and boys cross-country...
- High school football: Late 2-point...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham forces 4...
- Salem Hills rolls past rival Payson 42-7
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham... 21
- Parry's power guide to Utah high school... 10
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig... 5
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school... 4
- Postseason success will not impact... 4
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs... 1
- Big plays save Taylorsville as Warriors... 1
- Corner Canyon holds off pesky... 1