High school basketball: Emery rolls in win over rival Carbon, 66-37
Emery cruised to a road win on Wednesday, defeating the rival Carbon Dinos 66-37. Emery was able to get some revenge on the Dinos after dropping both games against Carbon last year. It’s the fifth straight win for the Spartans as they improve their record to 7-2 in non-region play.
Bay Faimalo put up 14 points, 12 assists and five steals in the win, and Dillon Wilstead was the game’s leading scorer with 17 points to go along with five steals.
“We played fast and made shots and they couldn’t stop our fast break. It was a fun, physical game and even though the score wasn’t close, it was a fun game and fun atmosphere,” Faimalo said.
Emery came out the gate strong and took a 15-5 early lead. The Spartans were able to get out on the break and get easy buckets or kick-outs for wide-open threes. Mcklane Allred nailed three triples in the game.
It was much of the same throughout the game as the Spartans ran over Carbon. Emery did struggle shooting free throws, shooting 31 percent from the line, an area the Spartans definitely need to improve at as they face tougher teams.
“It’s always fun to play a rivalry game where the crowd becomes more involved,” said Gavin McDermott who pulled down 10 rebounds with six points. “It makes victory a little sweeter.” Emery’s next game will be at Delta on Jan. 3, when it will try to take down the Rabbits.
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- Friday night light central: Week 2
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- Parry's power guide to Utah high school...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham forces 4...
- Postseason success will not impact where high...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham... 20
- Parry's power guide to Utah high school... 8
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school... 4
- Postseason success will not impact... 4
- National high school basketball... 3
- High school volleyball: Defending champ... 2
- High school football: Provo off to a... 1
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig... 1