Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Greg Moser reaches for Amberlee Maestas as she slides safely into third base during the Winter Softball Snowman Tournament Saturday. The event is put on annually by Salem's Parks and Recreation Department and is open to anyone 16 years old and older and requires participants to use wood bats. An 11-inch yellow softball used in tournament play increases visibility amid the snow. Teams are guaranteed three games, hot chocolate and doughnuts.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17