There is an insidious danger in condoning same-sex marriage. Attitudes about certain social behaviors, outside the mores of a particular society, can change over time. The progression from rejection, to tolerance, to condoning, to acceptance, to approval and finally embracing most likely will occur.
Some behaviors seem innocuous at first, but become ruinous over time. This aberration of extreme political correctness will have grave detrimental results. To condone means to allow something to occur without approving it, or disapproving it. Condoning is fence-sitting. A wise judge once said, “By not voting, you are voting.”
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35