There is an insidious danger in condoning same-sex marriage. Attitudes about certain social behaviors, outside the mores of a particular society, can change over time. The progression from rejection, to tolerance, to condoning, to acceptance, to approval and finally embracing most likely will occur.
Some behaviors seem innocuous at first, but become ruinous over time. This aberration of extreme political correctness will have grave detrimental results. To condone means to allow something to occur without approving it, or disapproving it. Condoning is fence-sitting. A wise judge once said, “By not voting, you are voting.”
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Letter: Romancing the gun
- John Florez: School board members must speak up
- In our opinion: Remembering German Unity Day
- Letter: Modest growth
- Letter: Carson’s message
- Greg Bell: Fixing health care the 'Utah way'
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...