There is an insidious danger in condoning same-sex marriage. Attitudes about certain social behaviors, outside the mores of a particular society, can change over time. The progression from rejection, to tolerance, to condoning, to acceptance, to approval and finally embracing most likely will occur.
Some behaviors seem innocuous at first, but become ruinous over time. This aberration of extreme political correctness will have grave detrimental results. To condone means to allow something to occur without approving it, or disapproving it. Condoning is fence-sitting. A wise judge once said, “By not voting, you are voting.”
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Letter: No prison deficit
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 63
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30