There is an insidious danger in condoning same-sex marriage. Attitudes about certain social behaviors, outside the mores of a particular society, can change over time. The progression from rejection, to tolerance, to condoning, to acceptance, to approval and finally embracing most likely will occur.
Some behaviors seem innocuous at first, but become ruinous over time. This aberration of extreme political correctness will have grave detrimental results. To condone means to allow something to occur without approving it, or disapproving it. Condoning is fence-sitting. A wise judge once said, “By not voting, you are voting.”
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Letter: My sons
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Letter: Moral decline 86
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 81
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 55
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 52
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40