Whatever your views are of same-sex marriage, when a lone judge becomes a king whose opinion can wipe away the will of millions of citizens, then goodbye to federalism and representative government. Judge Robert Shelby is not a little god with superior insight. He is an activist with an agenda. His opinion is nothing more than a perversion of the Constitution.
And no, the 14th Amendment has nothing to do with same-sex marriage. Anyone who reads his opinion immediately notices the talking points and propaganda of the same-sex marriage advocates. And just because he didn't want to see or hear the points presented by the state of Utah doesn't mean they are not valid and significant. Shelby alone chose to discount them.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee as...
- In Our Opinion: IRS data breach is...
- Letter: Keep money in Draper
- Letter: Veneer of patriotism
- My view: Yes, Iran jails people for their...
- My view: Utah needs Congress to act on...
- Jay Evensen: In a smart-car future, what...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 65
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 52
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 30
- Letter: Regulating marijuana 29
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee... 19
- Letter: Sharing the road 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18