Whatever your views are of same-sex marriage, when a lone judge becomes a king whose opinion can wipe away the will of millions of citizens, then goodbye to federalism and representative government. Judge Robert Shelby is not a little god with superior insight. He is an activist with an agenda. His opinion is nothing more than a perversion of the Constitution.
And no, the 14th Amendment has nothing to do with same-sex marriage. Anyone who reads his opinion immediately notices the talking points and propaganda of the same-sex marriage advocates. And just because he didn't want to see or hear the points presented by the state of Utah doesn't mean they are not valid and significant. Shelby alone chose to discount them.
Salt Lake City
- My view: Has Utah's new election law created...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Let us praise GDP
- In our opinion: The special session supports...
- My view: History of abolitionists teach us an...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye, Rickey Smith
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 40
- My view: Has Utah's new election law... 22
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16