Whatever your views are of same-sex marriage, when a lone judge becomes a king whose opinion can wipe away the will of millions of citizens, then goodbye to federalism and representative government. Judge Robert Shelby is not a little god with superior insight. He is an activist with an agenda. His opinion is nothing more than a perversion of the Constitution.
And no, the 14th Amendment has nothing to do with same-sex marriage. Anyone who reads his opinion immediately notices the talking points and propaganda of the same-sex marriage advocates. And just because he didn't want to see or hear the points presented by the state of Utah doesn't mean they are not valid and significant. Shelby alone chose to discount them.
Salt Lake City
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- In our opinion: Six heroes for our values in...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our year-end...
- Letter: Distance from religion
- Drew Clark: Ebola, cybersecurity and...
- Cyber warfare provides ominous welcome to 2015
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 37
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 31
- Letter: Distance from religion 30
- Letter: Sharing culpability 22
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions 19
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Prisons bring much positive change 13