Whatever your views are of same-sex marriage, when a lone judge becomes a king whose opinion can wipe away the will of millions of citizens, then goodbye to federalism and representative government. Judge Robert Shelby is not a little god with superior insight. He is an activist with an agenda. His opinion is nothing more than a perversion of the Constitution.
And no, the 14th Amendment has nothing to do with same-sex marriage. Anyone who reads his opinion immediately notices the talking points and propaganda of the same-sex marriage advocates. And just because he didn't want to see or hear the points presented by the state of Utah doesn't mean they are not valid and significant. Shelby alone chose to discount them.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 50
- Capitalism and the common good:... 43
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36