Whatever your views are of same-sex marriage, when a lone judge becomes a king whose opinion can wipe away the will of millions of citizens, then goodbye to federalism and representative government. Judge Robert Shelby is not a little god with superior insight. He is an activist with an agenda. His opinion is nothing more than a perversion of the Constitution.
And no, the 14th Amendment has nothing to do with same-sex marriage. Anyone who reads his opinion immediately notices the talking points and propaganda of the same-sex marriage advocates. And just because he didn't want to see or hear the points presented by the state of Utah doesn't mean they are not valid and significant. Shelby alone chose to discount them.
Salt Lake City
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 76
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Utah's birthright 45
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 41
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36