Whatever your views are of same-sex marriage, when a lone judge becomes a king whose opinion can wipe away the will of millions of citizens, then goodbye to federalism and representative government. Judge Robert Shelby is not a little god with superior insight. He is an activist with an agenda. His opinion is nothing more than a perversion of the Constitution.
And no, the 14th Amendment has nothing to do with same-sex marriage. Anyone who reads his opinion immediately notices the talking points and propaganda of the same-sex marriage advocates. And just because he didn't want to see or hear the points presented by the state of Utah doesn't mean they are not valid and significant. Shelby alone chose to discount them.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Constitutional republic
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's...
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is doomed
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes sense
- Letter: Public lands
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- John Florez: The key to El Paso is understanding