Elder David Archuleta sends Christmas wish and message
Even though former "American Idol" contestant David Archuleta is currently serving an LDS mission, he has still been able to share his talent globally, along with special thoughts and messages.
Last week, the official Twitter account for the singer posted a challenge that Archuleta had written himself, asking everyone to remember the true meaning of Christmas this year.
Challenge from David. May we all remember the real meaning of this time of year and what truly brings happiness. (KS) pic.twitter.com/rMYbprmyG5— David Archuleta (@DavidArchie) December 18, 2013
A video of Archuleta was also posted on his Twitter and YouTube account, where he speaks of Christ's birth and how the purpose of his mission is to share Christ's message. Toward the end, Archuleta also sings a short line from one of his favorite Christmas songs, "The First Noel."
His fans have commented and shared the video, expressing their excitement for his return, which may be scheduled for March 2014. While some pointed out that the video was probably taken before his mission, many appreciated the message of remembering Christ during this season.
One commenter, Kimberly Hoffman, wrote: "Thanks so much for the encouragement of focusing on Christ and for the beautiful song. Merry Christmas!"
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- New collaboration helps track pioneer...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's influence...
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the Exodus...
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch indexing...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 34
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 21
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 15
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 4