Trevor Christensen / The Spectrum & Daily News
SALT LAKE CITY — The State Board of Regents has named a 22-member committee to search for the next president of Dixie State University.
Current President Stephen Nadauld, who announced his retirement in October, will remain in office until a new president is selected and takes office.
Regent Wilford Clyde will lead the committee, which is comprised of representatives from the Board of Regents, trustees, faculty, staff, students and alumni of DSU, as well as community members from throughout Dixie State’s service region.
The search committee will hold several public meetings in early 2014 to obtain input from members of the Dixie community and the general public on the presidential search. More information about these meetings will be posted on higheredutah.org/presidentialsearches as it becomes available.
The committee comprises regents Wilford Clyde, Bob Prince, Jed Pitcher and Jack Zenger; Dixie trustees Steve Caplin, David Clark, Elizabeth Bingham and Carlos Morgan; administration, faculty and staff members Nate Staheli, Debra Bryant, Brenda Sabey, Eric Pedersen, AmiJo Comeford, Ken Richmond and Kathleen Briggs.
Community and alumni representatives are Jerry Atkin, chairman and CEO of SkyWest Airlines; Terry Kane, regional vice president of Intermountain Health Care; Sheldon Wittwer, local business owner; Sue Cox, Dixie alumna; Dan Ipson of DTS Trucking; Randy Wilkinson, Dixie foundation president; and Margaret T. Marshall, Alumni Board member.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Three hurt when ATV explodes into flames as...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 66
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18