USU football report card: Aggies knock off No. 24 Northern Illinois 21-14
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Utah State football team made history Thursday night as the Aggies won their second consecutive bowl game 21-14 over No. 24 Northern Illinois in the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl. It was the first time in program history that the Aggies won two consecutive bowl games.
It took awhile for the offense and rushing attack to get going, but once it started, it couldn't be stopped. Utah State running back Joey DeMartino finished the game with 143 yards rushing and a touchdown. As a team, the Aggies finished with 168 yards on the ground.
In a hard-fought game between both sides, most of the big plays came mostly from the defense side of the field. The Aggies defense dominated, wrecking havoc on the Huskies as quarterback and Heisman trophy finalist Jordan Lynch was never able to settle into a rhythm.
I am a recent graduate and hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism and sports communication. Twitter: Justingiles22 Email: email@example.com
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- BYU closes season with painful loss in Miami...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 106
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43