USU football report card: Aggies knock off No. 24 Northern Illinois 21-14
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Utah State football team made history Thursday night as the Aggies won their second consecutive bowl game 21-14 over No. 24 Northern Illinois in the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl. It was the first time in program history that the Aggies won two consecutive bowl games.
It took awhile for the offense and rushing attack to get going, but once it started, it couldn't be stopped. Utah State running back Joey DeMartino finished the game with 143 yards rushing and a touchdown. As a team, the Aggies finished with 168 yards on the ground.
In a hard-fought game between both sides, most of the big plays came mostly from the defense side of the field. The Aggies defense dominated, wrecking havoc on the Huskies as quarterback and Heisman trophy finalist Jordan Lynch was never able to settle into a rhythm.
I am a recent graduate and hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism and sports communication. Twitter: Justingiles22 Email: email@example.com
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19