With a stroke of the pen, federal judge Robert Shelby has overturned Utah’s laws forbidding same-sex marriage, in spite of the fact that the 2004 law was passed by 66 percent of Utah voters. My question to the judge, who’s apparently using his pen as a magic wand, is can he also turn a duck into a chicken? We might also ask Judge Shelby what he knows about the 10th Amendment to the Constitution that gives the states the power to make laws not specifically enumerated in the Constitution as being within the jurisdiction of the federal government.
I’d like to also mention that the states have a right to jury nullification, and it’s time the people assert their rights and overturn the misguided decisions of activist judges. The moral climate of the country is spiraling downward, and Judge Shelby has pushed the pedal to the metal.
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 29
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 26
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Idle elimination 19
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 19