With a stroke of the pen, federal judge Robert Shelby has overturned Utah’s laws forbidding same-sex marriage, in spite of the fact that the 2004 law was passed by 66 percent of Utah voters. My question to the judge, who’s apparently using his pen as a magic wand, is can he also turn a duck into a chicken? We might also ask Judge Shelby what he knows about the 10th Amendment to the Constitution that gives the states the power to make laws not specifically enumerated in the Constitution as being within the jurisdiction of the federal government.
I’d like to also mention that the states have a right to jury nullification, and it’s time the people assert their rights and overturn the misguided decisions of activist judges. The moral climate of the country is spiraling downward, and Judge Shelby has pushed the pedal to the metal.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 38
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 29
- Letter: Acting presidential 26
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22