Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Powerful images showing strength of faith, love of family and care for the poor are reflected in Deseret News photojournalists’ favorite photographs from 2013.
It’s difficult to sift through thousands of moments captured during the year and select just a few for this look back. Through the photojournalist's lens, readers have been able to experience the power of the human spirit and the emotions that accompany life's daily trials and triumphs.
These images have helped Utahns come together in times of tragedy and victory, from honoring fallen Draper police officer Derek Johnson or offering humanitarian aid after a deadly typhoon in the Philippines to helping facilitate the reunion of a Sudanese refugee family separated for years.
As we say goodbye to 2013, we hope these pictures help readers remember the moments we shared during an amazing year.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9