Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Powerful images showing strength of faith, love of family and care for the poor are reflected in Deseret News photojournalists’ favorite photographs from 2013.
It’s difficult to sift through thousands of moments captured during the year and select just a few for this look back. Through the photojournalist's lens, readers have been able to experience the power of the human spirit and the emotions that accompany life's daily trials and triumphs.
These images have helped Utahns come together in times of tragedy and victory, from honoring fallen Draper police officer Derek Johnson or offering humanitarian aid after a deadly typhoon in the Philippines to helping facilitate the reunion of a Sudanese refugee family separated for years.
As we say goodbye to 2013, we hope these pictures help readers remember the moments we shared during an amazing year.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry for...
- 6-year-old recounts terror of man breaking...
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 14
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 12