Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Powerful images showing strength of faith, love of family and care for the poor are reflected in Deseret News photojournalists’ favorite photographs from 2013.
It’s difficult to sift through thousands of moments captured during the year and select just a few for this look back. Through the photojournalist's lens, readers have been able to experience the power of the human spirit and the emotions that accompany life's daily trials and triumphs.
These images have helped Utahns come together in times of tragedy and victory, from honoring fallen Draper police officer Derek Johnson or offering humanitarian aid after a deadly typhoon in the Philippines to helping facilitate the reunion of a Sudanese refugee family separated for years.
As we say goodbye to 2013, we hope these pictures help readers remember the moments we shared during an amazing year.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10