Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Powerful images showing strength of faith, love of family and care for the poor are reflected in Deseret News photojournalists’ favorite photographs from 2013.
It’s difficult to sift through thousands of moments captured during the year and select just a few for this look back. Through the photojournalist's lens, readers have been able to experience the power of the human spirit and the emotions that accompany life's daily trials and triumphs.
These images have helped Utahns come together in times of tragedy and victory, from honoring fallen Draper police officer Derek Johnson or offering humanitarian aid after a deadly typhoon in the Philippines to helping facilitate the reunion of a Sudanese refugee family separated for years.
As we say goodbye to 2013, we hope these pictures help readers remember the moments we shared during an amazing year.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9