Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward announces engagement on Christmas
Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward celebrated Christmas by announcing his engagement to girlfriend Robyn Van Vliet from his Twitter and Instagram accounts.
"Merry Christmas to everyone out there! Hope it's a good one! Mine was especially good bc SHE SAID YES!!!! So thrilled I get to marry my best friend and such an amazing person @robynvanvliet! I love you!!!" he posted on his Instagram account Wednesday afternoon.
Van Vliet, who lists her hometown as Indianapolis on her Facebook account, confirmed the announcement on Instagram: "Soo happy I get to marry this babe Finally engaged to the love of my life."
Hayward, who leads the Jazz in scoring with 16.4 points a game, will return to action on Friday when the Jazz host the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 34
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 33
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23