Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward announces engagement on Christmas
Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward celebrated Christmas by announcing his engagement to girlfriend Robyn Van Vliet from his Twitter and Instagram accounts.
"Merry Christmas to everyone out there! Hope it's a good one! Mine was especially good bc SHE SAID YES!!!! So thrilled I get to marry my best friend and such an amazing person @robynvanvliet! I love you!!!" he posted on his Instagram account Wednesday afternoon.
Van Vliet, who lists her hometown as Indianapolis on her Facebook account, confirmed the announcement on Instagram: "Soo happy I get to marry this babe Finally engaged to the love of my life."
Hayward, who leads the Jazz in scoring with 16.4 points a game, will return to action on Friday when the Jazz host the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 40
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39