2 in San Diego found shot in car with Utah license plates
SAN DIEGO — A woman was killed and a man critically injured when both were shot near a San Diego shopping mall Tuesday.
The pair were found in a car with Utah license plates.
Police received a call from the woman around 1:15 a.m. stating that she had been shot, said San Diego Police Lt. Mike Hastings. The woman did not know where she was, but told the dispatcher she was near the Mission Valley Center Mall in San Diego. Responding officers found the man and woman inside a car that had Utah license plates, police said.
Officers soon discovered that a woman in her 20s had been shot in the head and a man, also in his 20s, had a gunshot wound to his head. The woman died at the scene, Hastings said. The man was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.
According to the San Diego Union Tribune, the man was not expected to survive.
The pair was found in a parking lot near Macy's department store and a pine tree lot. Macy's was open when the shooting occurred because of extended Christmas hours lasting until 2 a.m. Tuesday, the newspaper reported.
Police believe the suspect is a man of an unknown race, between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall and was wearing tan pants. He was driving a dark gray Honda sedan.
The identities of the two victims nor their home towns were being released until their families had been notified.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 70
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 56
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 40
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 19
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 11