2 in San Diego found shot in car with Utah license plates
SAN DIEGO — A woman was killed and a man critically injured when both were shot near a San Diego shopping mall Tuesday.
The pair were found in a car with Utah license plates.
Police received a call from the woman around 1:15 a.m. stating that she had been shot, said San Diego Police Lt. Mike Hastings. The woman did not know where she was, but told the dispatcher she was near the Mission Valley Center Mall in San Diego. Responding officers found the man and woman inside a car that had Utah license plates, police said.
Officers soon discovered that a woman in her 20s had been shot in the head and a man, also in his 20s, had a gunshot wound to his head. The woman died at the scene, Hastings said. The man was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.
According to the San Diego Union Tribune, the man was not expected to survive.
The pair was found in a parking lot near Macy's department store and a pine tree lot. Macy's was open when the shooting occurred because of extended Christmas hours lasting until 2 a.m. Tuesday, the newspaper reported.
Police believe the suspect is a man of an unknown race, between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall and was wearing tan pants. He was driving a dark gray Honda sedan.
The identities of the two victims nor their home towns were being released until their families had been notified.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11