2 in San Diego found shot in car with Utah license plates
SAN DIEGO — A woman was killed and a man critically injured when both were shot near a San Diego shopping mall Tuesday.
The pair were found in a car with Utah license plates.
Police received a call from the woman around 1:15 a.m. stating that she had been shot, said San Diego Police Lt. Mike Hastings. The woman did not know where she was, but told the dispatcher she was near the Mission Valley Center Mall in San Diego. Responding officers found the man and woman inside a car that had Utah license plates, police said.
Officers soon discovered that a woman in her 20s had been shot in the head and a man, also in his 20s, had a gunshot wound to his head. The woman died at the scene, Hastings said. The man was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.
According to the San Diego Union Tribune, the man was not expected to survive.
The pair was found in a parking lot near Macy's department store and a pine tree lot. Macy's was open when the shooting occurred because of extended Christmas hours lasting until 2 a.m. Tuesday, the newspaper reported.
Police believe the suspect is a man of an unknown race, between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall and was wearing tan pants. He was driving a dark gray Honda sedan.
The identities of the two victims nor their home towns were being released until their families had been notified.
- Man steals woman's boarding pass, checks into...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Families of 3 missing persons ask for...
- Feds: Utah companies accused of conducting...
- New protocol to help domestic violence...
- 107 years of Grace: Cedar City resident still...
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick meal,...
- Health experts encourage safe food handling...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds,... 16
- Man fighting for custody of daughter... 16
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- Utah GOP, state appear headed to court... 12
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 9
- Ex A.G. John Swallow wants FBI, DOJ... 7