2 in San Diego found shot in car with Utah license plates
SAN DIEGO — A woman was killed and a man critically injured when both were shot near a San Diego shopping mall Tuesday.
The pair were found in a car with Utah license plates.
Police received a call from the woman around 1:15 a.m. stating that she had been shot, said San Diego Police Lt. Mike Hastings. The woman did not know where she was, but told the dispatcher she was near the Mission Valley Center Mall in San Diego. Responding officers found the man and woman inside a car that had Utah license plates, police said.
Officers soon discovered that a woman in her 20s had been shot in the head and a man, also in his 20s, had a gunshot wound to his head. The woman died at the scene, Hastings said. The man was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.
According to the San Diego Union Tribune, the man was not expected to survive.
The pair was found in a parking lot near Macy's department store and a pine tree lot. Macy's was open when the shooting occurred because of extended Christmas hours lasting until 2 a.m. Tuesday, the newspaper reported.
Police believe the suspect is a man of an unknown race, between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall and was wearing tan pants. He was driving a dark gray Honda sedan.
The identities of the two victims nor their home towns were being released until their families had been notified.
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 300
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 107
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 42
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36