2 in San Diego found shot in car with Utah license plates
SAN DIEGO — A woman was killed and a man critically injured when both were shot near a San Diego shopping mall Tuesday.
The pair were found in a car with Utah license plates.
Police received a call from the woman around 1:15 a.m. stating that she had been shot, said San Diego Police Lt. Mike Hastings. The woman did not know where she was, but told the dispatcher she was near the Mission Valley Center Mall in San Diego. Responding officers found the man and woman inside a car that had Utah license plates, police said.
Officers soon discovered that a woman in her 20s had been shot in the head and a man, also in his 20s, had a gunshot wound to his head. The woman died at the scene, Hastings said. The man was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.
According to the San Diego Union Tribune, the man was not expected to survive.
The pair was found in a parking lot near Macy's department store and a pine tree lot. Macy's was open when the shooting occurred because of extended Christmas hours lasting until 2 a.m. Tuesday, the newspaper reported.
Police believe the suspect is a man of an unknown race, between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall and was wearing tan pants. He was driving a dark gray Honda sedan.
The identities of the two victims nor their home towns were being released until their families had been notified.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- 4 honored with 2016 Public Service Awards
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 15
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 12
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9