2 brothers, 2 others arrested in string of Weber County armed robberies
PLAIN CITY, Weber County — Three men, including two brothers, and a 17-year-old boy were arrested Tuesday, suspected of being involved in a series of armed robberies.
Last week, two men wearing bandanas over their faces and holding guns robbed a Maverik at 4098 W. 1975 North in Plain City. About three hours later, the same men were believed to have robbed McDonald's, 1838 W. 2700 North in Farr West, police say. This time, the men were wearing ski masks. Both robberies happened between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.
Just after 3 a.m. Tuesday, the same three men robbed a Maverik, 400 N. 2000 West in Marriott-Slaterville, said Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther. The men were armed with handguns and a knife.
Police broadcasted a description of the suspects in Weber, Davis and Salt Lake counties to other agencies. A short time later, a Kaysville police officer spotted the suspects' vehicle on I-15.
Three adults and a teen inside the vehicle were questioned and later arrested. A search warrant was also being executed on the vehicle, Lowther said.
Cherokee Aiko, 18, Ronny Juarez, 21, and his brother Jason Juarez, 18, and the teenager, all from Kearns, were booked into the Weber County Jail and juvenile detention for investigation of three counts of aggravated robbery.
"These guys were on our radar screen. We were looking at them as suspects in the prior two robberies. We were just still developing leads. So when this one happened, we had a real good idea who we were looking for and we were able to close in pretty quick," Lowther said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows 'deep...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 11
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9