Would you kiss under the mistletoe? YouTube channels get in the Christmas spirit
Stuart Edge is at it again. Last year, the Utah County filmmaker made it big with his first viral video "Mistletoe kissing prank" that was filmed at BYU and now has more than 24 million views.
Since then, Edge's YouTube channel has quickly grown, and throughout the year he has created many other prank videos. But as Christmas time rolled around this year, Edge went back to his original antics and filmed "Snowing mistletoe kissing prank" at Arizona State University.
The setup allowed Edge to ask a passerby if he or she would ever kiss in the snow. Once receiving an answer, Edge cued fake snow to appear, along with mistletoe.
Edge also collaborated with fellow Utah County YouTube star Andrew Hale and his YouTube channel, LAHWF, to film his video "Awkward Christmas caroling" in downtown Salt Lake. In this video, both Hale and Edge approach people by attempting to sing a familiar Christmas carol. Many listen and try to help them remember the correct words. At the end, each person involved is given a Christmas present for his or her participation.
This year other YouTube channels have also picked up on the mistletoe idea. BYU's sketch comedy group "Studio C" produced its own Christmas special with mistletoe, this time Harry Potter style. All four stars of "Studio C" were involved. Matt Messe stars as Potter trying to land a kiss under the mistletoe with Cho Chang. Full episodes of "Studio C" can be seen on BYUtv.
- Health care system can make dying difficult...
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- 20 things I will not regret doing with my kids
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- Disney's 'Frozen' bridges generation gap for...
- The Piano Guys release new video featuring...
- 7 young musicians to perform with Utah...
- TV is reshaping what it means to be a... 10
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but... 6
- Health care system can make dying... 5
- Walkable communities can help old and... 2
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- How to talk to kids about terrorism 1
- An unusually high number of PG-rated... 1