What's new: 'Times Like These' encourages listeners with faith (+video)
Provided by Wayne Burton
"TIMES LIKE THESE," by Wayne Burton, Huge Music, $14.99
In Wayne Burton's latest album, "Times Like These," listeners can find the spiritual boost they seek.
A member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Burton has written a sixth album that includes the title track, "In Times Like These," featuring singer Jessie Clark Funk. The song was finished just days before the tragic school shootings in Connecticut. Burton has not only decided to dedicate this song to the victims, but is also donating the sales of it to charity.
Each of the 13 songs encourages listeners to have faith, find hope, be spiritually strong and to rely on the Savior throughout life's trials. Some titles include "He Loves Me — Anyway," "Sacred Ground" and "The Spirit Speaks to Me." Though appropriate for all ages, the themes seem to be especially designed for youths and adults.
Additionally, Burton — a family physician — has dedicated the album to his musician nephew, Josh Burton, who died while serving an LDS mission in Guatemala earlier this year. Each of his five previous albums have been dedicated to one of his five children.
"Times Like These" is a powerful album with music to speak to the hearts of listeners of all ages.
'Times Like These' by Wayne Burton
The title song on "Times Like These" by Wayne Burton with Jessie Clark Funk.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- LDS Church releases more tickets for Ogden...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 14
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 9
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5