It’s a good thing that morality is not an issue in the selection of the Heisman trophy winner. The leading candidate, Jameis Winston of Florida State, was recently cleared of charges of sexual assault of a coed. Winston’s claim that the act was consensual was apparently vindicated because the police decided not to press charges. Good thing, because otherwise Winston wouldn't have been able to become the role model of an ideal football player for all the youth of America to admire.
I guess it doesn’t matter what takes place off the field, as long as you perform superbly on the field.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 47
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 38
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 36