It’s a good thing that morality is not an issue in the selection of the Heisman trophy winner. The leading candidate, Jameis Winston of Florida State, was recently cleared of charges of sexual assault of a coed. Winston’s claim that the act was consensual was apparently vindicated because the police decided not to press charges. Good thing, because otherwise Winston wouldn't have been able to become the role model of an ideal football player for all the youth of America to admire.
I guess it doesn’t matter what takes place off the field, as long as you perform superbly on the field.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 53
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 33
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 18