It’s a good thing that morality is not an issue in the selection of the Heisman trophy winner. The leading candidate, Jameis Winston of Florida State, was recently cleared of charges of sexual assault of a coed. Winston’s claim that the act was consensual was apparently vindicated because the police decided not to press charges. Good thing, because otherwise Winston wouldn't have been able to become the role model of an ideal football player for all the youth of America to admire.
I guess it doesn’t matter what takes place off the field, as long as you perform superbly on the field.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- Letter: Uninformed candidate
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our frank...
- In our opinion: Where has the family values...
- Letter: Bad calls and no-calls
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 134
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 86
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 30
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25