It’s a good thing that morality is not an issue in the selection of the Heisman trophy winner. The leading candidate, Jameis Winston of Florida State, was recently cleared of charges of sexual assault of a coed. Winston’s claim that the act was consensual was apparently vindicated because the police decided not to press charges. Good thing, because otherwise Winston wouldn't have been able to become the role model of an ideal football player for all the youth of America to admire.
I guess it doesn’t matter what takes place off the field, as long as you perform superbly on the field.
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 29
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 26
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Idle elimination 19
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 19