It’s a good thing that morality is not an issue in the selection of the Heisman trophy winner. The leading candidate, Jameis Winston of Florida State, was recently cleared of charges of sexual assault of a coed. Winston’s claim that the act was consensual was apparently vindicated because the police decided not to press charges. Good thing, because otherwise Winston wouldn't have been able to become the role model of an ideal football player for all the youth of America to admire.
I guess it doesn’t matter what takes place off the field, as long as you perform superbly on the field.
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are...
- Classical liberalism offers sole durable...
- Who was the most narcissistic president?
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap of...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic about...
- My view: 'Single issue' voters should...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 48
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are... 36
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 31
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 27
- Classical liberalism offers sole... 27