President Obama wrote in his 2006 book, "The Audacity of Hope," that "Implicit in [the Constitution's] structure, in the very idea of ordered liberty was a rejection of absolute truth. The infallibility of any idea, or ideology, or theology, or "ism," any tyrannical consistency that might lock future generations into a single, unalterable course or drive, both majorities and minorities, into the cruelties of the Inquisition, the pogrom, the Gulag or the jihad."
Barack Obama beliefs are foreign to what the Declaration of Independence stands for. He believes that in the name of liberty we as a nation must reject absolute truths. Phil Robinson stated his views as a firm Christian and was suspended from his show for exercising his unalienable rights.
We as a country are losing our rights to a minority of people who reject our individual rights of thought, religion and pursuit of happiness. We are becoming a country that accepts all forms of living except that of Christianity.
- In our opinion: Despite dip in observance,...
- Turning back the tide of sexual promiscuity...
- Charles Krauthammer: The world according to...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Convention...
- Letter: Medical marijuana
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- Letter: Wolves in Yellowstone
- John Florez: The key to El Paso is understanding
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 20
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 19