A Utah federal judge's rule to decriminalize polygamy only confirms that insanity has become normal, even in Utah. Have these people missed the obvious, failing to recognize that this practice lends itself to abuse?
Why were bigamy laws passed? Because men are prone to sexual misconduct, which leads either to abandonment or the abuse and neglect of women and children. Didn't the court learn anything from the behavior exhibited by the Warren Jeffs polygamous regime, including the abandonment of teenage boys on the streets of Saint George and the child brides forced to marry older men?
There's about an equal number of men and women on earth. Polygamy throws that balance into chaos. It was not intended for our society.
- Doug Robinson: Dinsmore has made his mark on...
- Letter: No sportsmanship, no class
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win in 2014
- John Florez: Legislators' lip service: Losing...
- In our opinion: Wins and losses in the 2014...
- George F. Will: Squandered potential:...
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- In our opinion: Democracy and political...
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Letter: Invite the divine 37
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 35
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win... 35
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30
- Letter: Putin's invasion 23
- Richard Davis: Russia should be stopped... 21