Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
OREM — At least three people, including a Utah Highway Patrol trooper, were injured in accidents along the Wasatch Front on Saturday following another day of snow and slick roads.
Utah Highway Patrol trooper Jeff Dutson was assisting a motorist who had crashed on I-15 in Utah County near University Parkway about 1:50 p.m. when a man driving a Mercedes, going too fast for conditions on the slushy road, lost control of his vehicle and spun into the back to the patrol car, according to UHP.
Dutson was inside his vehicle at the time but was not injured. The driver of the vehicle that spun out also was not hurt. The accident was being investigated by the Orem Police Department.
Earlier in the day, about 8:45 a.m., two people were injured when a passenger vehicle and semitruck hauling mail collided.
A driver traveling down Parleys Canyon, going too fast for the slushy roads, according to the UHP, lost control of his vehicle, slid sideways and into the path of a semitruck hauling 10,000 pounds of U.S. mail, the UHP stated.
The truck T-boned the other vehicle. Both the male driver of the vehicle and a female driver had to be extricated by emergency crews. The driver was taken to University Hospital in extremely critical condition, according to the UHP. The woman was transported in critical condition. The driver of the semi was uninjured.
— Pat Reavy
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 13
- Hatch plays key role in Senate passing... 12