Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
OREM — At least three people, including a Utah Highway Patrol trooper, were injured in accidents along the Wasatch Front on Saturday following another day of snow and slick roads.
Utah Highway Patrol trooper Jeff Dutson was assisting a motorist who had crashed on I-15 in Utah County near University Parkway about 1:50 p.m. when a man driving a Mercedes, going too fast for conditions on the slushy road, lost control of his vehicle and spun into the back to the patrol car, according to UHP.
Dutson was inside his vehicle at the time but was not injured. The driver of the vehicle that spun out also was not hurt. The accident was being investigated by the Orem Police Department.
Earlier in the day, about 8:45 a.m., two people were injured when a passenger vehicle and semitruck hauling mail collided.
A driver traveling down Parleys Canyon, going too fast for the slushy roads, according to the UHP, lost control of his vehicle, slid sideways and into the path of a semitruck hauling 10,000 pounds of U.S. mail, the UHP stated.
The truck T-boned the other vehicle. Both the male driver of the vehicle and a female driver had to be extricated by emergency crews. The driver was taken to University Hospital in extremely critical condition, according to the UHP. The woman was transported in critical condition. The driver of the semi was uninjured.
— Pat Reavy
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15