Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
OREM — At least three people, including a Utah Highway Patrol trooper, were injured in accidents along the Wasatch Front on Saturday following another day of snow and slick roads.
Utah Highway Patrol trooper Jeff Dutson was assisting a motorist who had crashed on I-15 in Utah County near University Parkway about 1:50 p.m. when a man driving a Mercedes, going too fast for conditions on the slushy road, lost control of his vehicle and spun into the back to the patrol car, according to UHP.
Dutson was inside his vehicle at the time but was not injured. The driver of the vehicle that spun out also was not hurt. The accident was being investigated by the Orem Police Department.
Earlier in the day, about 8:45 a.m., two people were injured when a passenger vehicle and semitruck hauling mail collided.
A driver traveling down Parleys Canyon, going too fast for the slushy roads, according to the UHP, lost control of his vehicle, slid sideways and into the path of a semitruck hauling 10,000 pounds of U.S. mail, the UHP stated.
The truck T-boned the other vehicle. Both the male driver of the vehicle and a female driver had to be extricated by emergency crews. The driver was taken to University Hospital in extremely critical condition, according to the UHP. The woman was transported in critical condition. The driver of the semi was uninjured.
— Pat Reavy
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- 41 inmates in Davis County Jail earn high...
- 'Regimented' UTA employee remembered as...
- Office of Economic Development names...
- Parents look for answers after daughter was...
- U. grad one of top 25 law students in the nation
- LDS Church condemns sexual assault as... 59
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 36
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Gov. Herbert: Bears Ears resolution... 11
- Utah defends busting theater for... 11