Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
OREM — At least three people, including a Utah Highway Patrol trooper, were injured in accidents along the Wasatch Front on Saturday following another day of snow and slick roads.
Utah Highway Patrol trooper Jeff Dutson was assisting a motorist who had crashed on I-15 in Utah County near University Parkway about 1:50 p.m. when a man driving a Mercedes, going too fast for conditions on the slushy road, lost control of his vehicle and spun into the back to the patrol car, according to UHP.
Dutson was inside his vehicle at the time but was not injured. The driver of the vehicle that spun out also was not hurt. The accident was being investigated by the Orem Police Department.
Earlier in the day, about 8:45 a.m., two people were injured when a passenger vehicle and semitruck hauling mail collided.
A driver traveling down Parleys Canyon, going too fast for the slushy roads, according to the UHP, lost control of his vehicle, slid sideways and into the path of a semitruck hauling 10,000 pounds of U.S. mail, the UHP stated.
The truck T-boned the other vehicle. Both the male driver of the vehicle and a female driver had to be extricated by emergency crews. The driver was taken to University Hospital in extremely critical condition, according to the UHP. The woman was transported in critical condition. The driver of the semi was uninjured.
— Pat Reavy
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 36
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12