Comedy series sponsored by Mormon-owned company is nominated for online awards
“Pretty Darn Funny,” an online comedy series sponsored by Deseret Book, received four nominations from the International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV).
The series was nominated in the categories of Best Comedy Series, Best Writing (Comedy), Best Female Performance in a Comedy for Lisa Valentine Clark’s role and Best Supplemental Content for “Footloose Parody.”
The show centers on the story of Gracie Moore, played by Clark, a mother who forms her own female comedy group to create clean entertainment. Jeff Parkin and Jared Cardon, the creators and executive producers of the show, devised the idea for the show as a family-friendly alternative to much of today’s online content, according to an August 2013 Deseret News article.
IAWTV is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping the growth of the digital entertainment industry. The awards recognize original online programming, and the ceremony will be live-streamed online from Las Vegas on Jan. 7.
Episodes from seasons one and two of “Pretty Darn Funny” are available at prettydarnfunny.com.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- A lesson a little girl learned while seeing...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The most grateful religions in America,... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1
- 'Music and the Spoken Word': When... 1