Comedy series sponsored by Mormon-owned company is nominated for online awards
“Pretty Darn Funny,” an online comedy series sponsored by Deseret Book, received four nominations from the International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV).
The series was nominated in the categories of Best Comedy Series, Best Writing (Comedy), Best Female Performance in a Comedy for Lisa Valentine Clark’s role and Best Supplemental Content for “Footloose Parody.”
The show centers on the story of Gracie Moore, played by Clark, a mother who forms her own female comedy group to create clean entertainment. Jeff Parkin and Jared Cardon, the creators and executive producers of the show, devised the idea for the show as a family-friendly alternative to much of today’s online content, according to an August 2013 Deseret News article.
IAWTV is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping the growth of the digital entertainment industry. The awards recognize original online programming, and the ceremony will be live-streamed online from Las Vegas on Jan. 7.
Episodes from seasons one and two of “Pretty Darn Funny” are available at prettydarnfunny.com.
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide' commemorates...
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- This is what going to church does to you
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- Can you question the Virgin Birth and... 20
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 19
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 14
- This is what going to church does to you 8
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Local faith leaders share inspiring... 5