Apparently, if you have a TV show depicting something that has been looked down upon for a long time, you can wine to a federal court that state laws against certain actions deny you constitutional rights. I speak of the recent ruling in favor of the polygamist family that is seen on television. As far as I know, they are doing this because of their show.
Their lawsuit wasn't about the Constitution or the state being unfair to them — it was so they could live how they wanted without consequences. Before you know it, it'll be total anarchy and doing the right thing will be a punishable offense.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 55
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 29
- My view: What message does Melania's... 25