Apparently, if you have a TV show depicting something that has been looked down upon for a long time, you can wine to a federal court that state laws against certain actions deny you constitutional rights. I speak of the recent ruling in favor of the polygamist family that is seen on television. As far as I know, they are doing this because of their show.
Their lawsuit wasn't about the Constitution or the state being unfair to them — it was so they could live how they wanted without consequences. Before you know it, it'll be total anarchy and doing the right thing will be a punishable offense.
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- In our opinion: Why it's important to note...
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and assisted...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be...
- Americans are skeptical that government... 58
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 54
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 44
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 33
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22