Apparently, if you have a TV show depicting something that has been looked down upon for a long time, you can wine to a federal court that state laws against certain actions deny you constitutional rights. I speak of the recent ruling in favor of the polygamist family that is seen on television. As far as I know, they are doing this because of their show.
Their lawsuit wasn't about the Constitution or the state being unfair to them — it was so they could live how they wanted without consequences. Before you know it, it'll be total anarchy and doing the right thing will be a punishable offense.
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Letter: My sons
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- Letter: Moral decline 86
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 81
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 58
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 53
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40