Apparently, if you have a TV show depicting something that has been looked down upon for a long time, you can wine to a federal court that state laws against certain actions deny you constitutional rights. I speak of the recent ruling in favor of the polygamist family that is seen on television. As far as I know, they are doing this because of their show.
Their lawsuit wasn't about the Constitution or the state being unfair to them — it was so they could live how they wanted without consequences. Before you know it, it'll be total anarchy and doing the right thing will be a punishable offense.
- Letter: Creating social outcasts 45
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- In our opinion: A social take on the... 30
- Letter: Utah's water 25
- Don't wait for politicians 25
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21