suesmith2, Getty Images/iStockphoto
FARMINGTON — The Davis Board of Education gave final approval of boundaries for a new elementary school during its Dec. 2 board meeting.
The school will be located at 2000 S. 1950 West, Woods Cross. The boundary map can be found on the district website.
District elementary director Kristi Frodsham said she did not receive further comment on the proposed boundaries after the board gave initial approval during its Nov. 19 board meeting.
“I think the community has accepted those boundaries and is ready to move forward with a name,” Frodsham said.
The elementary school's initial student body will be made up of students from Foxboro and Woods Cross elementaries. The new school will take Foxboro off a year-round schedule and allow some of the portable classrooms to be removed from Woods Cross and Foxboro.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 92
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18