Mark J. Terrill, AP
The American Volleyball Coaches Association named sophomore outside hitter Alexa Gray a 2013 Division I Third-Team All-American, the association announced Wednesday.
Gray, a native of Calgary, Alberta, led the Cougars to a 24-7 season record and a second-consecutive trip to the regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament. During the season, Gray totaled 477 kills (3.98 per set) while hitting a .305 clip and adding 83 blocks and 86 digs.
Gray was earlier named All-Pacific South Region First Team, All-WCC First Team and a WCC Player of the Week in September. She was also added to the NCAA Los Angeles Region All-Tournament Team and Hampton Inn Invitational All-Tournament Team.
In 2012, Gray received All-America Honorable Mention accolades.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26