Mark J. Terrill, AP
The American Volleyball Coaches Association named sophomore outside hitter Alexa Gray a 2013 Division I Third-Team All-American, the association announced Wednesday.
Gray, a native of Calgary, Alberta, led the Cougars to a 24-7 season record and a second-consecutive trip to the regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament. During the season, Gray totaled 477 kills (3.98 per set) while hitting a .305 clip and adding 83 blocks and 86 digs.
Gray was earlier named All-Pacific South Region First Team, All-WCC First Team and a WCC Player of the Week in September. She was also added to the NCAA Los Angeles Region All-Tournament Team and Hampton Inn Invitational All-Tournament Team.
In 2012, Gray received All-America Honorable Mention accolades.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33