Mark J. Terrill, AP
The American Volleyball Coaches Association named sophomore outside hitter Alexa Gray a 2013 Division I Third-Team All-American, the association announced Wednesday.
Gray, a native of Calgary, Alberta, led the Cougars to a 24-7 season record and a second-consecutive trip to the regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament. During the season, Gray totaled 477 kills (3.98 per set) while hitting a .305 clip and adding 83 blocks and 86 digs.
Gray was earlier named All-Pacific South Region First Team, All-WCC First Team and a WCC Player of the Week in September. She was also added to the NCAA Los Angeles Region All-Tournament Team and Hampton Inn Invitational All-Tournament Team.
In 2012, Gray received All-America Honorable Mention accolades.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25