Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY— Utah football has announced that Kaelin Clay, a 5-foot-10, 188-pound wide receiver from Mount San Antonio (Calif.) College, has signed a National Letter of Intent with the Utes.
Clay led the SCFA Central Conference with 995 receiving yards, 90.5 receiving yards per game and 16 touchdowns. He was second with 52 receptions and 19.1 yards per catch.
Over the past two seasons, Clay topped Mount SAC in all-purpose yards, kick returns, receptions, receiving yards, scoring and touchdown catches. The former Long Beach Poly (Calif.) High School star originally signed with California and redshirted in 2010 and sat out the 2011 season with an injury. He'll have one season of eligibility with the Utes.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double overtime...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double... 91
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26