Let's go bowling: Predicting this year's 35 college football bowl games
Deseret News, AP photos
Christmas is fast approaching, which means the start of the college football bowl season is heading our way even faster.
From the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 21 to the VIZIO BCS National Championship on Jan. 6, 70 teams will head to bowls around the country trying to finish off 2013 with a resounding victory.
Will Florida State earn its first BCS national championship since 2000? Can Auburn make it a fifth straight year—and its second in that time span—that a team from Alabama wins the national title?
On the local scene, can BYU win its fifth straight bowl game? The Cougars will face a daunting task in trying to beat 8-4 Washington, though the Huskies will be captained by an interim coach.
Will Utah State be able to topple No. 24 Northern Illinois, which appeared headed for a BCS bowl game before collapsing in the MAC Championship Game? Northern Illinois will surely prove formidable with Heisman Trophy finalist Jordan Lynch leading the Husky attack.
Over the next few weeks, we'll have answers to these questions.
(Note: All game times listed are MST)
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 94
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 37
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30