Let's go bowling: Predicting this year's 35 college football bowl games
Deseret News, AP photos
Christmas is fast approaching, which means the start of the college football bowl season is heading our way even faster.
From the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 21 to the VIZIO BCS National Championship on Jan. 6, 70 teams will head to bowls around the country trying to finish off 2013 with a resounding victory.
Will Florida State earn its first BCS national championship since 2000? Can Auburn make it a fifth straight year—and its second in that time span—that a team from Alabama wins the national title?
On the local scene, can BYU win its fifth straight bowl game? The Cougars will face a daunting task in trying to beat 8-4 Washington, though the Huskies will be captained by an interim coach.
Will Utah State be able to topple No. 24 Northern Illinois, which appeared headed for a BCS bowl game before collapsing in the MAC Championship Game? Northern Illinois will surely prove formidable with Heisman Trophy finalist Jordan Lynch leading the Husky attack.
Over the next few weeks, we'll have answers to these questions.
(Note: All game times listed are MST)
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 76
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 71
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 32
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 27
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 17
- Free agent roundup: Where local... 16