Funeral plans set for BYU student, LDS seminary teacher who died hours after son's birth
FILLMORE — Funeral arrangements have been made for the 24-year-old BYU student and LDS seminary teacher who died hours after his wife gave birth to their first child.
A viewing for Josh Robison will be held 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' meetinghouse at 485 N. 500 West. His funeral will begin at 1 p.m., and family members say the public is welcome.
Days before Erica Robison was expected to give birth, her husband, Josh, developed flu-like symptoms. Doctors discovered he had a treatable staph infection, and the infection was traced to a valve in his heart.
Josh Robison, a BYU student and an LDS seminary teacher at Lone Peak High School, underwent surgery last week and was able to witness the birth of his son, Logan Joshua Robison, on Thursday, Dec. 12.
Just hours afterward, he developed a headache and doctors determined he was bleeding in his brain. Josh Robison died the following evening, Friday, Dec. 13, in the same hospital where his son was born.
His family said he wanted nothing more than to be a father, raise his son in righteousness and play ball with his boy.
A donation page on GiveForward.com was created last weekend by friends who had little money but wanted to help the family. Since the page went online, more than 1,200 people have made donations, which as of Tuesday afternoon totalled nearly $66,000.
— Devon Dolan
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22