FARMINGTON — A Davis High School teacher was charged Tuesday with having sex on multiple occasions with a former student.
Brianne Land Altice, 34, was charged in Farmington's 2nd District Court with three counts of rape, a first-degree felony.
A boy told police that between Jan. 1 and Sept. 30, when he was between 16 and 17 years old, he had sexual intercourse with Altice on three different occasions, according to charging documents.
"The defendant occupied a position of special trust in relation" to the juvenile, prosecutors wrote.
Altice was originally arrested in October. Altice was believed to have had sex with a 17-year-old on many occasions, including at her South Weber home and at a park, a Davis County Jail report states.
The teen was allegedly able to accurately describe the layout of Altice's home to detectives as well as tattoos on her body.
The Davis County District Attorney's Office said Tuesday there were still "pending investigations" ongoing that involved other potential victims.
Altice was placed on administrative leave by the school district in October pending the outcome of an investigation.
She started teaching in the district in 2004 as a prep time specialist at Wasatch Elementary School. In 2005, she was hired as an English teacher at Sunset Junior High. In August of 2012, she was hired as an English teacher at the high school.
Altice's husband filed for divorce in November, according to court records.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed...
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Investigation into shooting death of Uintah...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 75
- Republican, Democratic political... 48
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 28
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 23
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 22
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 20