Although I have been an ex-Catholic for close to 50 years, I am extremely impressed by the new pope. Pope Francis appears to be the first bona fide spiritual leader I have ever seen.
It is my Christmas wish that religious leaders of all faiths follow his example, clearly articulating and demonstrating standards of sharing and compassion for humans everywhere. And with a little luck, perhaps even politicians will be guided by these lights.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Letter: Idle elimination 19