Although I have been an ex-Catholic for close to 50 years, I am extremely impressed by the new pope. Pope Francis appears to be the first bona fide spiritual leader I have ever seen.
It is my Christmas wish that religious leaders of all faiths follow his example, clearly articulating and demonstrating standards of sharing and compassion for humans everywhere. And with a little luck, perhaps even politicians will be guided by these lights.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 45
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 17