Although I have been an ex-Catholic for close to 50 years, I am extremely impressed by the new pope. Pope Francis appears to be the first bona fide spiritual leader I have ever seen.
It is my Christmas wish that religious leaders of all faiths follow his example, clearly articulating and demonstrating standards of sharing and compassion for humans everywhere. And with a little luck, perhaps even politicians will be guided by these lights.
Salt Lake City
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 108
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 50
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 44
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 41