Although I have been an ex-Catholic for close to 50 years, I am extremely impressed by the new pope. Pope Francis appears to be the first bona fide spiritual leader I have ever seen.
It is my Christmas wish that religious leaders of all faiths follow his example, clearly articulating and demonstrating standards of sharing and compassion for humans everywhere. And with a little luck, perhaps even politicians will be guided by these lights.
Salt Lake City
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Letter: My sons
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Letter: Moral decline 87
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 65
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25