Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — An environmental attorney and an information technology specialist recently were named as attorney and employee of 2013 for the Utah Attorney General’s Office.
At an awards luncheon last week, acting Attorney General Brian Tarbet and chief deputy Kirk Torgensen recognized the work of assistant attorney general Christian Stephens, who has represented the state on a number of air quality issues, and Chris Earl, an IT specialist who has been handling most of the technology needs for the office, as well as recovering records for investigations.
Stephens has been involved in cases regarding Utah’s air quality, including the Tesoro and Holly refinery expansions and the enforcement of air quality standards with the Stericycle medical waste management company.
“Christian will continue to have a positive impact on the health of Utah residents and the quality of the environment for many, many years,” Tarbet said.
Earl worked with investigators to recover missing documents to help with several investigations.
“Chris has literally worked around the clock to preserve the integrity of our office’s data and to conduct the efforts at data recovery,” said assistant attorney general David Sonnenreich. “His efforts have resulted in the recovery of thousands of pages of lost emails. The integrity and good spirits he brings to his work has materially improved the level of cooperation and significantly reduced possibility of future data loss.”
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9