Mormon missionary David Archuleta performs at Christmas celebration
David Archuleta fans everywhere received their Christmas wish this year as he once again performed at the Santiago Chile Temple Christmas Concert.
Archuleta, a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, performed four songs in Spanish: "Oh Holy Night," "Mary Did You Know," "Little Drummer Boy" and "Los Pastores a Belen." Some performances were accompanied by a live orchestra and a background choir, while Archuleta sang "Los Pastores A Belen" a cappella with the help of the audience.
Elder Jorge F. Zeballos of the First Quorum of the Seventy was in attendance and participated in the concert by sharing a Christmas message. Elder Zeballos said that although the world has debated Christ's actual birth, the important thing is that we remember and celebrate his birth.
The former "American Idol" contestant and Utah native has been able to share his talents as a missionary multiple times. During his time at the Missionary Training Center, he participated in a choir that performed during a session of General Conference in April 2012, and last Christmas, Archuleta also performed during the Santiago Chile Temple Christmas Concert.
His fan base hasn't been left completely in the dust during the past two years; a pre-recorded album was released earlier this year, and fans still await his return, which is rumored to be March 28, 2014.
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an...
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about...
- Elder and Sister Renlund speak during BYU...
- Why pray? Different faiths are united over...
- Music and the Spoken Word: The time to prepare
- Sister Linda K. Burton speaks at BYU Women's...
- One year ago, founding member of SEAL Team...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an... 94
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about... 39
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 34
- LDS leaders announce new teaching... 32
- Why pray? Different faiths are united... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to... 12
- The positive role religion plays in... 8
- LDS Church member appointed to US... 7