Mormon missionary David Archuleta performs at Christmas celebration
David Archuleta fans everywhere received their Christmas wish this year as he once again performed at the Santiago Chile Temple Christmas Concert.
Archuleta, a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, performed four songs in Spanish: "Oh Holy Night," "Mary Did You Know," "Little Drummer Boy" and "Los Pastores a Belen." Some performances were accompanied by a live orchestra and a background choir, while Archuleta sang "Los Pastores A Belen" a cappella with the help of the audience.
Elder Jorge F. Zeballos of the First Quorum of the Seventy was in attendance and participated in the concert by sharing a Christmas message. Elder Zeballos said that although the world has debated Christ's actual birth, the important thing is that we remember and celebrate his birth.
The former "American Idol" contestant and Utah native has been able to share his talents as a missionary multiple times. During his time at the Missionary Training Center, he participated in a choir that performed during a session of General Conference in April 2012, and last Christmas, Archuleta also performed during the Santiago Chile Temple Christmas Concert.
His fan base hasn't been left completely in the dust during the past two years; a pre-recorded album was released earlier this year, and fans still await his return, which is rumored to be March 28, 2014.
- Sunday School leader apologizes for...
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment...
- LDS Church names Elder Clayton new senior...
- The spiritual revolution taking place away...
- 185th Semiannual General Conference talk...
- LDS video features apostles' first testimonies
- President Thomas S. Monson: 'Be an Example...
- Photos: LDS general conference Sunday morning...
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund... 47
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment... 32
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 29
- Sunday School leader apologizes for... 29
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith... 19
- In Saturday's General Conference... 16
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 16
- Leaders close conference by urging... 13