SPRINGVILLE — A man died Sunday when his vehicle was hit by a man suspected of driving under the influence of prescription medication, police said.
The crash occurred about 2:30 p.m. at 1400 N. Main Street in Springville, when a man driving a Jeep Liberty ran a red light, said Springville Police Lt. Dave Caron.
Rummage is from North Carolina but had been living in Utah since August.
Worth R. Rummage, approximately 62, was heading west through the intersection in a Honda Accord when he was struck broadside, Caron said. Rummage was trapped inside his vehicle and fire crews had to extricate him from the wreckage. He was taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, where he died.
The driver of the Jeep, Bryan Long, 48, of Springville, was not seriously injured. Following an initial investigation into the accident, Long was transported to the Utah County Jail for investigation of automobile homicide, driving under the influence of prescription medication and failure to yield the right of way, according to Caron.
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Prosecutors: Woman killed girlfriend with 46...
- Want to land your dream job? 4 must-do things
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- House panel approves bill to require... 26
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 16