SPRINGVILLE — A man died Sunday when his vehicle was hit by a man suspected of driving under the influence of prescription medication, police said.
The crash occurred about 2:30 p.m. at 1400 N. Main Street in Springville, when a man driving a Jeep Liberty ran a red light, said Springville Police Lt. Dave Caron.
Rummage is from North Carolina but had been living in Utah since August.
Worth R. Rummage, approximately 62, was heading west through the intersection in a Honda Accord when he was struck broadside, Caron said. Rummage was trapped inside his vehicle and fire crews had to extricate him from the wreckage. He was taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, where he died.
The driver of the Jeep, Bryan Long, 48, of Springville, was not seriously injured. Following an initial investigation into the accident, Long was transported to the Utah County Jail for investigation of automobile homicide, driving under the influence of prescription medication and failure to yield the right of way, according to Caron.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- No money for House Speaker Becky Lockhart's...
- 'We're not going to stop'
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 34
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 23
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 16
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 11