SPRINGVILLE — A man died Sunday when his vehicle was hit by a man suspected of driving under the influence of prescription medication, police said.
The crash occurred about 2:30 p.m. at 1400 N. Main Street in Springville, when a man driving a Jeep Liberty ran a red light, said Springville Police Lt. Dave Caron.
Rummage is from North Carolina but had been living in Utah since August.
Worth R. Rummage, approximately 62, was heading west through the intersection in a Honda Accord when he was struck broadside, Caron said. Rummage was trapped inside his vehicle and fire crews had to extricate him from the wreckage. He was taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, where he died.
The driver of the Jeep, Bryan Long, 48, of Springville, was not seriously injured. Following an initial investigation into the accident, Long was transported to the Utah County Jail for investigation of automobile homicide, driving under the influence of prescription medication and failure to yield the right of way, according to Caron.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8