SPRINGVILLE — A man died Sunday when his vehicle was hit by a man suspected of driving under the influence of prescription medication, police said.
The crash occurred about 2:30 p.m. at 1400 N. Main Street in Springville, when a man driving a Jeep Liberty ran a red light, said Springville Police Lt. Dave Caron.
Rummage is from North Carolina but had been living in Utah since August.
Worth R. Rummage, approximately 62, was heading west through the intersection in a Honda Accord when he was struck broadside, Caron said. Rummage was trapped inside his vehicle and fire crews had to extricate him from the wreckage. He was taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, where he died.
The driver of the Jeep, Bryan Long, 48, of Springville, was not seriously injured. Following an initial investigation into the accident, Long was transported to the Utah County Jail for investigation of automobile homicide, driving under the influence of prescription medication and failure to yield the right of way, according to Caron.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23