SPRINGVILLE — A man died Sunday when his vehicle was hit by a man suspected of driving under the influence of prescription medication, police said.
The crash occurred about 2:30 p.m. at 1400 N. Main Street in Springville, when a man driving a Jeep Liberty ran a red light, said Springville Police Lt. Dave Caron.
Rummage is from North Carolina but had been living in Utah since August.
Worth R. Rummage, approximately 62, was heading west through the intersection in a Honda Accord when he was struck broadside, Caron said. Rummage was trapped inside his vehicle and fire crews had to extricate him from the wreckage. He was taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, where he died.
The driver of the Jeep, Bryan Long, 48, of Springville, was not seriously injured. Following an initial investigation into the accident, Long was transported to the Utah County Jail for investigation of automobile homicide, driving under the influence of prescription medication and failure to yield the right of way, according to Caron.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21