SPRINGVILLE — A man died Sunday when his vehicle was hit by a man suspected of driving under the influence of prescription medication, police said.
The crash occurred about 2:30 p.m. at 1400 N. Main Street in Springville, when a man driving a Jeep Liberty ran a red light, said Springville Police Lt. Dave Caron.
Rummage is from North Carolina but had been living in Utah since August.
Worth R. Rummage, approximately 62, was heading west through the intersection in a Honda Accord when he was struck broadside, Caron said. Rummage was trapped inside his vehicle and fire crews had to extricate him from the wreckage. He was taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, where he died.
The driver of the Jeep, Bryan Long, 48, of Springville, was not seriously injured. Following an initial investigation into the accident, Long was transported to the Utah County Jail for investigation of automobile homicide, driving under the influence of prescription medication and failure to yield the right of way, according to Caron.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16