The Senate has passed an immigration reform bill that the president will sign. There are enough votes in the House to pass the bill if the Speaker of the House would merely allow a vote on it.
I think that if the House has the time to waste to try to repeal Obamacare 47 times they can find the time to vote on immigration. I think it's time Republicans quit blocking this because reform is going to happen sooner or later and when it does you don't want these immigrants to be angry at your party.
John Boehner, R-Ohio, needs to allow a vote.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24