High school football: Alta receiver Mack Richards commits to Hawaii
SANDY — After visiting with Hawaii coach Norm Chow, Alta wideout Mack Richards pledged to the Warriors Saturday night.
His father, Bill, confirmed his commitment with the Deseret News.
Richards was honored as first-team all-state after hauling in 65 receptions for 1,089 yards and 13 touchdowns during his senior year. In 34 career games, he finished with 128 catches for 2,009 yards and 25 touchdowns.
This is the second straight season an Alta all-state receiver has left the mainland after Ammon Barker’s commitment in 2012. He also joins former teammate Max Broman and Layton receiver Marcus Kemp at Hawaii.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- 3A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman signs 2-year...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 49
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29