High school football: Alta receiver Mack Richards commits to Hawaii
SANDY — After visiting with Hawaii coach Norm Chow, Alta wideout Mack Richards pledged to the Warriors Saturday night.
His father, Bill, confirmed his commitment with the Deseret News.
Richards was honored as first-team all-state after hauling in 65 receptions for 1,089 yards and 13 touchdowns during his senior year. In 34 career games, he finished with 128 catches for 2,009 yards and 25 touchdowns.
This is the second straight season an Alta all-state receiver has left the mainland after Ammon Barker’s commitment in 2012. He also joins former teammate Max Broman and Layton receiver Marcus Kemp at Hawaii.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 36
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 25