He warned that basic liberties are under attack and said he would defend Utahns against "the unreasonable demands of Obamacare," challenges to traditional marriage, and other issues by standing "on correct principles."
All of the candidates spoke of the need to make changes in the office, which Swallow assumed in early January, shortly before allegations of influence peddling and other wrongdoing began to surface.
Michelle Mumford used the strongest language to describe what was wrong with the office under Swallow, including comparing his recorded conversation about a "burner" phone to "drug dealers trying to avoid a wiretap."
Mumford, the assistant dean of admissions at the BYU law school, also addressed her husband, attorney Marcus Mumford, representing one of Swallow's chief accusers, imprisoned businessman Marc Jenson.
"You should know I'm my own woman," she said.
Rawson, a Fraternal Order of Police attorney who has worked with Marcus Mumford on the Jenson case, said he had fought against corruption.
"Fighting against evil does not connect you to evil," he said without being more specific.
Former Iron County Attorney Scott Burns, the first candidate eliminated after he finished last in the first two rounds of balloting, pledged to work with the winner.
"I am a good Republican," he said.
Burns ran unsuccessfully against the state's last Democratic attorney general, Jan Graham. Until recently, he worked in Washington, D.C., raising questions about whether he met the residency requirement to serve as Utah attorney general.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- 'We're not going to stop'
- No money for House Speaker Becky Lockhart's...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 34
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 23
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 16
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 11