Utah Jazz: Jazz sizzle, Denver Nuggets fizzle in another impressive Utah road victory
“I thought I broke my neck on that play,” Favors said. “I asked G, ‘Did it go in?’ I didn’t even know I made a basket. I just threw it up there.”
Everything Utah threw up seemed to go in early on. The Jazz jumped out to an early lead by hitting six of their first seven 3-point attempts and used that burst to take a 53-44 halftime lead.
The Jazz seemed to regress into the team that has had so many problems early in this season by blowing a 16-point lead in the third quarter, but they showed growth and guts in the final period.
“I remember (Richard Jefferson) kind of bringing everybody together, and saying, ‘They’re a good team; they made their run and now it’s our turn to make one back,’” Hayward said. “I think we settled down a little bit and kind of made one of our own. We played a little bit tougher, didn’t turn the ball over as much and made some shots.”
Now the Jazz will see if they can bring this road magic home with them Saturday night when they face the San Antonio Spurs (18-4) at EnergySolutions Arena before leaving for a long trip.
“It’s a great feeling,” Jazz small forward Marvin Williams said. “We extended the big lead. They made a run and we were able to make a run. They played with a lot of energy. We kept our poise. We stayed together. We kept executing on offense and defense and we pulled it out.”
Wilson Chandler and Jordan Hamilton led the Nuggets with 17 points apiece, but Denver fell at home for the first time in seven games.
The Jazz were also bolstered by a double-double from Jeremy Evans, who had 10 points and a career-best 11 rebounds.
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on Alta...
- Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and...
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of BYU,...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame like...
- BYU's Bronson Kaufusi eager to display new...
- BYU assistant football coach is also Bishop...
- BYU camp report: Taysom Hill throws a pair of...
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real possibility...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 139
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 102
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 80
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 74
- Dick Harmon: Will Utah State, BYU be... 46
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 45
- BYU's offense 'too sloppy' in scrimmage 29
- BYU football: Cougars agree to... 29