Utah Jazz: Jazz sizzle, Denver Nuggets fizzle in another impressive Utah road victory
“I thought I broke my neck on that play,” Favors said. “I asked G, ‘Did it go in?’ I didn’t even know I made a basket. I just threw it up there.”
Everything Utah threw up seemed to go in early on. The Jazz jumped out to an early lead by hitting six of their first seven 3-point attempts and used that burst to take a 53-44 halftime lead.
The Jazz seemed to regress into the team that has had so many problems early in this season by blowing a 16-point lead in the third quarter, but they showed growth and guts in the final period.
“I remember (Richard Jefferson) kind of bringing everybody together, and saying, ‘They’re a good team; they made their run and now it’s our turn to make one back,’” Hayward said. “I think we settled down a little bit and kind of made one of our own. We played a little bit tougher, didn’t turn the ball over as much and made some shots.”
Now the Jazz will see if they can bring this road magic home with them Saturday night when they face the San Antonio Spurs (18-4) at EnergySolutions Arena before leaving for a long trip.
“It’s a great feeling,” Jazz small forward Marvin Williams said. “We extended the big lead. They made a run and we were able to make a run. They played with a lot of energy. We kept our poise. We stayed together. We kept executing on offense and defense and we pulled it out.”
Wilson Chandler and Jordan Hamilton led the Nuggets with 17 points apiece, but Denver fell at home for the first time in seven games.
The Jazz were also bolstered by a double-double from Jeremy Evans, who had 10 points and a career-best 11 rebounds.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41