Utah Jazz: Jazz sizzle, Denver Nuggets fizzle in another impressive Utah road victory
“I thought I broke my neck on that play,” Favors said. “I asked G, ‘Did it go in?’ I didn’t even know I made a basket. I just threw it up there.”
Everything Utah threw up seemed to go in early on. The Jazz jumped out to an early lead by hitting six of their first seven 3-point attempts and used that burst to take a 53-44 halftime lead.
The Jazz seemed to regress into the team that has had so many problems early in this season by blowing a 16-point lead in the third quarter, but they showed growth and guts in the final period.
“I remember (Richard Jefferson) kind of bringing everybody together, and saying, ‘They’re a good team; they made their run and now it’s our turn to make one back,’” Hayward said. “I think we settled down a little bit and kind of made one of our own. We played a little bit tougher, didn’t turn the ball over as much and made some shots.”
Now the Jazz will see if they can bring this road magic home with them Saturday night when they face the San Antonio Spurs (18-4) at EnergySolutions Arena before leaving for a long trip.
“It’s a great feeling,” Jazz small forward Marvin Williams said. “We extended the big lead. They made a run and we were able to make a run. They played with a lot of energy. We kept our poise. We stayed together. We kept executing on offense and defense and we pulled it out.”
Wilson Chandler and Jordan Hamilton led the Nuggets with 17 points apiece, but Denver fell at home for the first time in seven games.
The Jazz were also bolstered by a double-double from Jeremy Evans, who had 10 points and a career-best 11 rebounds.
- Former UNC coach Dean Smith willed $200 to...
- BYU special teams features some 'mystery and...
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU...
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU rugby...
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL president...
- Utah Jazz assistants (well, two of 'em)...
- NCAA 'service work' has been eye-opening for...
- Morning links: Utes ranked among the...
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- BYU looking forward to an influx of... 53
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 29
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 20
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 19
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 19