Your recent editorial piece on the Holly Refinery is an embarrassment as Utah begins its terrible and unhealthy winter air season. Allowing Holly to expand will not increase Utah's supply of gas (the increased product will be shipped to Las Vegas and Southern California), will not reduce the price of gas, HollyFrontier will make a lot more money and Utah will be left with more pollution.
This is an insult to the health of everyone in our community. The children in Utah are at risk without big changes to control our pollution. Supporting expansion is morally wrong.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 52
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- Letter: Trump’s chances 36
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 27
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 25
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs 21