Your recent editorial piece on the Holly Refinery is an embarrassment as Utah begins its terrible and unhealthy winter air season. Allowing Holly to expand will not increase Utah's supply of gas (the increased product will be shipped to Las Vegas and Southern California), will not reduce the price of gas, HollyFrontier will make a lot more money and Utah will be left with more pollution.
This is an insult to the health of everyone in our community. The children in Utah are at risk without big changes to control our pollution. Supporting expansion is morally wrong.
Salt Lake City
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local police...
- James Gattuso: Give Tesla a truly free market...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 95
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 39
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 24
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 21
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 18