Your recent editorial piece on the Holly Refinery is an embarrassment as Utah begins its terrible and unhealthy winter air season. Allowing Holly to expand will not increase Utah's supply of gas (the increased product will be shipped to Las Vegas and Southern California), will not reduce the price of gas, HollyFrontier will make a lot more money and Utah will be left with more pollution.
This is an insult to the health of everyone in our community. The children in Utah are at risk without big changes to control our pollution. Supporting expansion is morally wrong.
Salt Lake City
- My view: Common Core tests erode parental rights
- Letter: Same stale air
- Richard Davis: Let the voters decide the...
- In our opinion: Revisiting Abraham Lincoln's...
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in...
- Letter: Conflict of interest
- Jay Evensen: Though complicated, Corradini...
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question should...
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 95
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get... 92
- Letter: Same stale air 43
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 37
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 27
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the... 25