Your recent editorial piece on the Holly Refinery is an embarrassment as Utah begins its terrible and unhealthy winter air season. Allowing Holly to expand will not increase Utah's supply of gas (the increased product will be shipped to Las Vegas and Southern California), will not reduce the price of gas, HollyFrontier will make a lot more money and Utah will be left with more pollution.
This is an insult to the health of everyone in our community. The children in Utah are at risk without big changes to control our pollution. Supporting expansion is morally wrong.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- A. Scott Anderson: Sen. Bennett: Selfless...
- Michael Gerson: Conservatives' deal with the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Collective neurosis in...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a de-humanized...
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains
- Letter: 'Utah values'
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 49
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Character still matters in... 22
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 17
- In our opinion: Remembering Hiroshima... 13