Jordan Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Andrew A. Valdez on Nov. 1. The 3rd District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are Steven K. Beck, lead attorney, Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office; David R. Brickey, Summit County attorney; Tracy S. Mills, attorney, Office of the Guardian ad Litem; Sophia Moore, attorney at law; and Tupakk A. G. Renteria, deputy district attorney, Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is noon Dec. 23. The commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. The appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7