SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams has announced that Tracey Tabet has been selected as the new director of aging services.
Tabet is currently the administrator for the Utah Children’s Justice Center program. She’ll assume her new post in early January.
“I’m very pleased that Tracey has accepted this position,” McAdams said. “She has an impressive track record in public service, most recently as an advocate for children and victims of domestic violence. She understands the importance of providing services for segments of the community that often just need a temporary boost in order to live comfortable, independent lives. Seniors are a fast-growing demographic, and we need to constantly innovate in order to offer programs that address their needs.”
In addition to her present assignment, Tabet has worked with various Utah attorneys general to develop initiatives on domestic violence, gang prevention and Internet safety, McAdams said. A graduate of the University of Utah and Westminster College, Tabet has a master’s degree in communication, as well as degrees in public relations and sociology.
The Salt Lake County Division of Aging Services oversees a variety of programs designed to help support the senior population, including 17 senior centers, in-home services to help maintain independence, Meals on Wheels and respite care.
The previous director, Sarah Brenna, has accepted the position of associate department director for human services in Salt Lake County.
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 22
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Race heating up as congressional... 11