BYU baseball: games with baseball teams in six leagues on tap for BYU in 2014
Games with schools from the Big 12, Pac-12, Big West, Western Athletic, Southland and West Coast conferences highlight the 2014 BYU baseball schedule.
The Cougars begin the 2014 season in a four-game series Feb. 14-17 against Kansas at the Mariners/Padres spring training facility in Peoria, Ariz. BYU also plays Texas Tech and TCU from the Big 12 the following week.
BYU plays TCU, Texas A&M Corpus Christi and Texas-San Antonio in the Kleberg Bank College Classic at the AA pro venue Whataburger Field in Corpus Christi, Texas, on Feb. 20-22.
“Our first month is tremendously competitive,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said. “The only way to be nationally relevant is to go on the road and beat teams.”
The home season starts with three games against Seattle University from the WAC on Feb. 27 through March 1, in a special series at St. George at Dixie State University’s Bruce Hurst Field. Another WAC game is March 19 at Fresno State.
The first home game at Larry H. Miller Field in Provo is March 4 against Utah.
Pac-12 games at pro venues for BYU are against Washington State played at Pasco, Wash., on April 8 in Gesa Stadium and a four-game series versus Utah, two of which are at Spring Mobile Ballpark in Salt Lake City.
The Cougars play at UC Santa Barbara and host the University of San Diego in a three-game series at Provo. UCSB, USD, San Francisco and UT-San Antonio are NCAA post-season tournament teams from last season.
The three games versus defending WCC Champion USD on March 13-15 start league play for BYU. New to the league is the University of the Pacific, which plays a three-game series at BYU on April 3-5.
The Cougars are hopeful of playing in another pro venue on May 22-24 as one of four teams again at the WCC Championships at Banner Island Ballpark in Stockton, Calif.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe talks...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for... 35
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU... 35