BYU baseball: games with baseball teams in six leagues on tap for BYU in 2014
Games with schools from the Big 12, Pac-12, Big West, Western Athletic, Southland and West Coast conferences highlight the 2014 BYU baseball schedule.
The Cougars begin the 2014 season in a four-game series Feb. 14-17 against Kansas at the Mariners/Padres spring training facility in Peoria, Ariz. BYU also plays Texas Tech and TCU from the Big 12 the following week.
BYU plays TCU, Texas A&M Corpus Christi and Texas-San Antonio in the Kleberg Bank College Classic at the AA pro venue Whataburger Field in Corpus Christi, Texas, on Feb. 20-22.
“Our first month is tremendously competitive,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said. “The only way to be nationally relevant is to go on the road and beat teams.”
The home season starts with three games against Seattle University from the WAC on Feb. 27 through March 1, in a special series at St. George at Dixie State University’s Bruce Hurst Field. Another WAC game is March 19 at Fresno State.
The first home game at Larry H. Miller Field in Provo is March 4 against Utah.
Pac-12 games at pro venues for BYU are against Washington State played at Pasco, Wash., on April 8 in Gesa Stadium and a four-game series versus Utah, two of which are at Spring Mobile Ballpark in Salt Lake City.
The Cougars play at UC Santa Barbara and host the University of San Diego in a three-game series at Provo. UCSB, USD, San Francisco and UT-San Antonio are NCAA post-season tournament teams from last season.
The three games versus defending WCC Champion USD on March 13-15 start league play for BYU. New to the league is the University of the Pacific, which plays a three-game series at BYU on April 3-5.
The Cougars are hopeful of playing in another pro venue on May 22-24 as one of four teams again at the WCC Championships at Banner Island Ballpark in Stockton, Calif.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at email@example.com.
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy... 11