Utah Highway Patrol
AXTELL, Sanpete County — An Orangeville couple died in a head-on collision in Sanpete County.
Ken and Kathleen Stilson, both 69, were headed north on state Route 89 just south of Axtell when their Dodge Caravan went off the right shoulder about 4:40 p.m., Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The driver, Ken Stilson, veered back onto the road and attempted to regain control of the van, but drove into the southbound lane and crashed head-on into an oncoming Chevy Silverado.
The Stilsons were killed in the crash. Both were wearing seat belts.
The Silverado rolled several times off the west side of the road and came to rest on its side, UHP reported. The driver was conscious and talking when he was transported to Gunnison Hospital.
— McKenzie Romero
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13