Utah Highway Patrol
AXTELL, Sanpete County — An Orangeville couple died in a head-on collision in Sanpete County.
Ken and Kathleen Stilson, both 69, were headed north on state Route 89 just south of Axtell when their Dodge Caravan went off the right shoulder about 4:40 p.m., Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The driver, Ken Stilson, veered back onto the road and attempted to regain control of the van, but drove into the southbound lane and crashed head-on into an oncoming Chevy Silverado.
The Stilsons were killed in the crash. Both were wearing seat belts.
The Silverado rolled several times off the west side of the road and came to rest on its side, UHP reported. The driver was conscious and talking when he was transported to Gunnison Hospital.
— McKenzie Romero
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13