Utah Highway Patrol
AXTELL, Sanpete County — An Orangeville couple died in a head-on collision in Sanpete County.
Ken and Kathleen Stilson, both 69, were headed north on state Route 89 just south of Axtell when their Dodge Caravan went off the right shoulder about 4:40 p.m., Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The driver, Ken Stilson, veered back onto the road and attempted to regain control of the van, but drove into the southbound lane and crashed head-on into an oncoming Chevy Silverado.
The Stilsons were killed in the crash. Both were wearing seat belts.
The Silverado rolled several times off the west side of the road and came to rest on its side, UHP reported. The driver was conscious and talking when he was transported to Gunnison Hospital.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 20
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16