Utah Highway Patrol
AXTELL, Sanpete County — An Orangeville couple died in a head-on collision in Sanpete County.
Ken and Kathleen Stilson, both 69, were headed north on state Route 89 just south of Axtell when their Dodge Caravan went off the right shoulder about 4:40 p.m., Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The driver, Ken Stilson, veered back onto the road and attempted to regain control of the van, but drove into the southbound lane and crashed head-on into an oncoming Chevy Silverado.
The Stilsons were killed in the crash. Both were wearing seat belts.
The Silverado rolled several times off the west side of the road and came to rest on its side, UHP reported. The driver was conscious and talking when he was transported to Gunnison Hospital.
— McKenzie Romero
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35